Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

H and S buses never turned up pre-match

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Normally, these make their way through Valley Drive, Withdean, as late as 20 minutes to go to kick off. No problem.

Today, I got to the Withdean Stadium normal halt at 2.20. By 2.50, not one had come, so we ended up getting a taxi, and got to the game late.

The taxi driver said they'd done very well today, out of other fans who'd complained of problems with the buses.

Did anyone else encounter this, or similar, today?

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Went straight up the by pass as full

I was always aware that happens, but a near empty bus (until today) always mopped up stragglers in Withdean and Patcham at c. 2.40pm.

Strange how there was none today!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Waited in Carden ave till 2.35 pm said to my son f**k this taking the car thank god i didn't wait any longer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The weather caused problems with all the bus services today , The 25's were on short working to the Old Steine until about 5pm when they resumed to terminating at Palmeira Square as per timetable.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
H and S buses never turned up pre-match

Normally, these make their way through Valley Drive, Withdean, as late as 20 minutes to go to kick off. No problem.

S buses don't go to Withdean now. They go straight to the stadium from the Grenadier if they're not full before then.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
The service on the H & S has been quite frankly appalling. The club knew how busy these routes were last season. It has been chaotic, unreliable and oversubscribed since the start of this season. It was not rocket science to work out that as the travel levy was included in ticket prices this season, more supporters would be likely to be using the special services. How many car parking places were not renewed this season due to the travel levy? The club continue to happily take the travel levy without providing the service.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The R buses weren't much better. Waited in Woodingdean for 40 minutes before squeezing on one and just made it in time for kick off.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
yep i can confirm this but i thought a double decker was behind us,not suitable for the withdean run i suppose!

Why not? They use them occasionally for the return trip

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We were on the first H bus which left the Grenadier at 12.55. Took the correct route through Hove, Withdean and Patcham until we got to Asda/M&S where it turned onto the bypass and went straight to the stadium. Usually this service goes down Coldean Lane, plenty of room on board too.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Me and my daughter were waiting for the first S bus at the first stop in Shoreham - it never came, got the second one. I know it was the second one as tweeted Transport manager saying S is PACKED but he replied one just turned up with 10 people on. I reckon the first one was early, this will cause a knock on effect.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
I have given up on the S bus to unreliable, now I either get a normal bus (although normal Brighton & Hove buses are not much better) or the train. It would be better if they put double decker buses on this route.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The Club Transport manager needs to sort these buses out

Whole bus/transport system is creaking with more demand caused by combo of more seats and transport costs in ticket prices

Whilst the Amex is great transport remains the achilles heel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here