Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

guy that died during G20 protests. video

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BBC NEWS | England | London | Police to probe 'woman assault'

The Police are going to have their work cut out for them...

Quote from Today's Argus:

The sergeant, from the Territorial Support Group, has been suspended, just days after a fellow officer from the group was suspended in connection the death of Ian Tomlinson.

Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, also called on the Commissioner to respond. She said: "As these two officers came from the same unit, it raises very serious questions about their chain of command.

"Why were both officers so apparently ready to use violence? Why were the identity numbers of both obscured?

"Did they go out to prevent trouble or to start it?
Policing the capital is too important to leave these questions hanging."

???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sounds like the guy was roughed up (i.e. pushed/slammed against a wall) then battoned and shoved to the ground. By public servants. On a bloke that was not protesting - but making his lawful way home. Did they ask about any health considerations before getting the batons out ? There was a reckless disregard for the public they are meant to serve.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
just seen something on the news about copper suspended who had his numbers sovered up...........WANKERS!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
£20 says that whatever court in the land tries this disagrees with you on whether he deserved that treatment. Of course he didn't. There's nothing in the police handbook to give the copper the right to scythe him with his shield and then shove the bloke from behind with his hands in his pockets onto the floor.

As for the dogs....if the dog had killed him then yes, I'd call for the dog to be put down.

The bloke posed no threat to the police. None whatsoever and the fact that lots of other people were milling in the immediate vicinity strikes me as more the police being bored and picking fights rather than trying to clear areas.

As I say, £20 says you're wrong.

You're on. £20 to REMF. Just so we're clear, what has to happen for either of us to win said bet?

umm....good point.

How about policeman cleared of using excessive force then I lose. Otherwise you lose.

Is that okay for you?

(by the way. I'm not up on my slang. What's a jammer?)

Errmmmm Fella I think you owe REMF £20.

BBC News - No charges over G20 mans death

Receipt thingy:

Attachments

• remf.JPG
    remf.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 159

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We paid for your hats, we paid for your haaaaats, WHAT A WASTE OF COUNCIL TAX, we paid for your hats.

filth

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey. You called it right. £20 to REMF it is then

Well at least it's going to a good cause - but in taking that bet on, are you newly arrived in the UK or something ?

Police getting away with murder ? In this country ? It'll never happen will it ? Surely not ?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The CPS (Coppers' Protection Service) strike again and further damage what precious little protection individuals have left.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Quote from Today's Argus:

The sergeant, from the Territorial Support Group, has been suspended, just days after a fellow officer from the group was suspended in connection the death of Ian Tomlinson.

Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, also called on the Commissioner to respond. She said: "As these two officers came from the same unit, it raises very serious questions about their chain of command.

"Why were both officers so apparently ready to use violence? Why were the identity numbers of both obscured?

"Did they go out to prevent trouble or to start it?
Policing the capital is too important to leave these questions hanging."

???

Too many unanswered questions and the whole thing stinks. Even though the police were seriously provoked there is no reason to attack a passer-by.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
umm....good point.

How about policeman cleared of using excessive force then I lose. Otherwise you lose.

Is that okay for you?

(by the way. I'm not up on my slang. What's a jammer?)

£20 says that whatever court in the land tries this disagrees with you on whether he deserved that treatment. Of course he didn't. There's nothing in the police handbook to give the copper the right to scythe him with his shield and then shove the bloke from behind with his hands in his pockets onto the floor.

As for the dogs....if the dog had killed him then yes, I'd call for the dog to be put down.

The bloke posed no threat to the police. None whatsoever and the fact that lots of other people were milling in the immediate vicinity strikes me as more the police being bored and picking fights rather than trying to clear areas.

As I say, £20 says you're wrong.

Think you'll find the old bill are allowed to use appropriate force. The bloke was told to move, he didn't therefore the force was justified.

Hang on a sec, the bloke had a jammer, he didn't die because he got shoved over or whacked round the back of the legs or because he was bitten by a dog.

Can you blame them? If you'd spent all day having two bob wankers calling you every name under the sun and attacking you at every moment possible wouldn't you be a touch wound up? They are human after all.

If a copper had had a jammer and died following the days events would you be calling for the protesters to be done for his manslaughter?

You're on. £20 to REMF. Just so we're clear, what has to happen for either of us to win said bet?

Terrific.

Heart attack.

And £20 says that the police officer involved will get off with nothing more than a slapped wrist - no matter what court in the land the case is heard in, if indeed it ever even comes to court.

The end in sight for this bet...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here