Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted by poor support

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Eh?

WSL nearly sold out, North stand on sale and the East stand Lower added today.

Reading in WSU have sold about 300 apparently.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very disappointing. Considering importance of this and price vs the same parameters for Chelsea, this one SHOULD sell more. Obviously it won't, but last season we played Newcastle, Liverpool x2 and Sunderland in the Cup, so I don't see Chelsea B Team as such a massive draw - we'll probably play similar teams next season anyway. Oh well.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well, I'm in WSL southern end (C)
So you're wrong

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very disappointing. Considering importance of this and price vs the same parameters for Chelsea, this one SHOULD sell more. Obviously it won't, but last season we played Newcastle, Liverpool x2 and Sunderland in the Cup, so I don't see Chelsea B Team as such a massive draw - we'll probably play similar teams next season anyway. Oh well.

Chelsea B ? Really?

I am going, but its not very inspiring. Reading? Really.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Why do people assume that just because we're playing Chelsea, that they'll play their reserves. May come as a shock but even the top players have to do pre season.

EDIT: More on topic, the Reading game was never going to sell out but still should be a good 7000/8000 there.

hoyci

Aug 8, 2011
eastbourne
If we get 7000-8000 that is awesome for a pre-season game...some people need to remember a few years ago when we struggled to get that for a competetive game.

Agreed, its just the romantic in me that kinda hoped that it would be a massive avent for 1 of the guys who stuck with us through many ups and downs. But your right shouldn't be greedy 8000 for a pre season is a massive achievement

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Why do people assume that just because we're playing Chelsea, that they'll play their reserves. May come as a shock but even the top players have to do pre season.

EDIT: More on topic, the Reading game was never going to sell out but still should be a good 7000/8000 there.

I thought Gus has said they are playing their first team?

The game will be the first time Chelsea show their Champions League trophy in the UK.. They are parading it before the match... I would be surprised if it is paraded by their reserves...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What r u talking about? I said north, west lower and east. So yes u probably are in wsl southern end

No, you said north west lower and east.
Totally different

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I can't see anything confirming it on the official website, but I'm sure in interviews (ie, Seagulls Player) Gus has said that Chelsea have promised to send a strong team that will include several first-team players. Given Gus's status in their club history, I can't see Di Matteo reneging on that promise.

What's more, as they will be parading their European Cup, and as it is the only friendly on English soil prior to the start of the season, I would be surprised if any of the top names are missing from the squad (even if some of them are only on the bench as a token gesture).

Back on topic, though: I too am disappointed for FDM that it's not looking like being as big a house as I feel he deserves. I was hoping tickets sales would improve once Chelsea sold out - let's hope that people being paid this week will encourage a good number to buy tickets at the last minute. (After all, it's a better price than Chelsea.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here