• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A couple of pointers:

A. "Gus Poyet told me this morning" reads as: "ooh Gus spoke to ME personally, none of YOU got to speak to him"

B. Proof reading, it's a marvelous thing

That is all.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jara Reyes

It is the wages barrier that might be prohibitive. But if we are going to get a good spine to our side, we need to pay the wages for the covering central defender, central midfield and striker. If we get to the Premiership we can then buy the full backs and periphery players which we would need. So much as I like Reyes, he might not be in our plans. At age 26, he is young enough though, and say we are realistically challenging in say three years time, we might regret not making him a permanent addition to our squad.

But even more realistically, Reyes is coming up to the peak period of his career, and he will want to be playing at the highest level he can attain. What would you do if you were him? I think I would try my luck in Spanish football ???

I am not so sure loan players are a good idea, except to cover injuries.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
A couple of pointers:

A. "Gus Poyet told me this morning" reads as: "ooh Gus spoke to ME personally, none of YOU got to speak to him"

B. Proof reading, it's a marvelous thing

That is all.

Just a bit. Reads like it was written by someone who has only just learned English as a second language

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But when would you have the break, with the snow we have you could argue we stop in November and start again in March

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Nothing new about his views on the winter break. He said the same thing last year.

The use of paragraphs in the report may help too.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I have said this for a while have a winter break of some sort, Germany do it so why cant we?

no games over Christmas AT ALL!

Clubs need cashflow, games over Christmas period bring in the money.

We used to play games on Christmas Day and Boxing Day

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I have said this for a while have a winter break of some sort, Germany do it so why cant we?

German winter break gets cut(AFP) Thursday 4 December 2008 Print Email my friend Share
The Bundesliga's traditional winter break will be cut by three weeks to three-and-a-half weeks from the 2009-10 season, the German Football Federation announced Thursday.

The change to the German first division's calendar will allow the national team to prepare in better conditions for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, should they qualify, according to the federation.

The move means that the opening round of matches of the 2009-10 season will be held between 7-10 August with the 34th and final round of matches coming on 8 May 2010. The winter break will be between 21 December and 15 January.

German league chief Holger Hieronymus also welcomed the move. "Our championship has the longest break in Europe. We need to have more weekend games because those played in midweek aren't interesting enough for the clubs from a financial point of view, or for the fans," he said.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Is stream of consciousness writing normal on that website then?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Winter's depressing enough and to take football away would make things even worse. There'll be matches postponed at some point and a couple of weeks off for the players so leave it as it is.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm starting to think that either you are on a wind-up, or you are mental.

This time you actually started with "Gus Poyet told me this morning". I cannot believe anyone is actually as thick skinned as you seem to be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its lovely that Gus sits down with HB&B and goes through all this in such a personal way.

I can just imagine the two of them sitting at the breakfast bar in Gus's kitchen. HB&B fires off a few probing questions while Gus sorts them out a nice cup of coffee and ponders his replies. I expect afterwards Gus invites HB&B over for dinner that night, but of course HB&B has to politely decline as he already has plans. There's the interview to write up, and Thursday is always an important night on NSC, what with the Question Time / Beach Hut / Simster spat pending of the back of that.

Gus tries not too look disappointed, but you can see it in his eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here