Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to tempt Bridcutt away?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Oscar seems to be bracing us for more bids for both Liam and Ulloa in today's Argus. Seems very philosophical about it too, which is a bit of a worry.

Naylors a mischief-making d!ckhead!

We signed Ulloa on a 4.5 year deal - he ain't going anywhere otherwise there would be f*****g UPROAR!!

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We won't though will we. Because we wouldn't sell him for that. This is a reluctant seller situation. If someone wants him they'll have to pay over the odds, because we aren't trying to - or needing to - sell him.

Reluctant as we may be, his contract is running down. Do you think Bloom will hang on to him and risk letting him walk for free?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I thought Bridcutt wanted to play in the premier league? Why would he join Sunderland, as less than 4 months later he would be back in the championship and possibly playing in a team lower than us next season.

By January the truth, or otherwise, of that statement will be a lot clearer - in any case four months worth of appearances in the Premier League will be a far better showcase for his abilities than a further four months in the Championship - unfortunately.

We won't though will we. Because we wouldn't sell him for that. This is a reluctant seller situation. If someone wants him they'll have to pay over the odds, because we aren't trying to - or needing to - sell him.

The problem is though that the 'sell by date' is fast approaching and that has an effect on the selling price.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I expect him to be here till the end of the season unless we see an offer above £3M for him, next season though, he will be a Premier league player one way or the other.
If he leaves in Jan for Sunderland he is likely to be a Championship player next season.
I suppose a loan could happen, with Liam moving permanently only if they stay up, could be the best deal for us too as he would then have some Prem experience if we go up and want to bring him back or have put him in the shop window a bit more, to increase the number of potential Premier League buyers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I expect him to be here till the end of the season unless we see an offer above £3M for him, next season though, he will be a Premier league player one way or the other.
If he leaves in Jan for Sunderland he is likely to be a Championship player next season.
I suppose a loan could happen, with Liam moving permanently only if they stay up, could be the best deal for us too as he would then have some Prem experience if we go up and want to bring him back or have put him in the shop window a bit more, to increase the number of potential Premier League buyers.

Yes lets loan out our best players. Don't think so somehow.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Bruno would be the most likely player to go this season.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Loan him?

Are you mad?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Naylors a mischief-making d!ckhead!

We signed Ulloa on a 4.5 year deal - he ain't going anywhere otherwise there would be f*****g UPROAR!!

If the club sell any of our key players in the January window the clear lack of ambition will be obvious to all, the drop in season ticket sales for next season will be dramatic

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IF we get a good price for him, then yes, OK. But what worries me is that we never seem to do well in the transfer market when it comes to selling. If he was at Palace or Southampton, they'd probably demand (and get) twice the amount - Liverpool paid us a fair price for Lawro, and the Virgo to Celtic deal was obviously a good one, and maybe Peter Harburn to Everton in the 50's was OK, but outside those three I'm struggling to think of us making a good sale.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think Bruno would be the most likely player to go this season.

I have it on very good authority that Forest were all over him in the summer. It'll be interesting to see if they come back for him in Jan. He's had a dodgy start but he was superb against Leicester.

if we get a good price for him, then yes, ok. But what worries me is that we never seem to do well in the transfer market when it comes to selling. If he was at palace or southampton, they'd probably demand (and get) twice the amount - liverpool paid us a fair price for lawro, and the virgo to celtic deal was obviously a good one, and maybe peter harburn to everton in the 50's was ok, but outside those three i'm struggling to think of us making a good sale.

beeney?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Players who can't get into their club's match day squad tend to get loaned out to lower league teams to save wages and/or get some 1st team experience. Why on earth would we loan out a player who's one of the first names on the team sheet and is coveted by a number if premier league teams?!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
IF we get a good price for him, then yes, OK. But what worries me is that we never seem to do well in the transfer market when it comes to selling. If he was at Palace or Southampton, they'd probably demand (and get) twice the amount - Liverpool paid us a fair price for Lawro, and the Virgo to Celtic deal was obviously a good one, and maybe Peter Harburn to Everton in the 50's was OK, but outside those three I'm struggling to think of us making a good sale.

Paul Holsgrove.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
We are in a very strong position for promotion this season. The financial rewards of promotion are far greater than selling Bridcutt or Ulloa in January. The club would be insane to sell either of them this season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Recently...........we got a good price for Craig Noone and probably a fair one for Benno. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Darren Currie to Ipswich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here