Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus throws his name in the cap to replace Redknapp at Spurs

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To be honest it wouldn't bother me if he did go. Would rather someone come in who see's his future with Brighton rather than using us as a stepping stone. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut a concentrate on our team.
Spot on as the club is on the up regardless of the manager.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think today's result and the way the team played should put a stop to any speculation regarding Gus' immediate future!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm a bit fed up of him touting his arse to any club going.

Did you read that story? If you did, you'll know he said no such thing as 'touting his arse to any club going' and that the headlines and quotes don't actually match up. Piss-poor 'journalism'.

So, in truth, you're getting fed up of an issue that doesn't actually exist.

He should wait until he achieves something of any note before considering jobs like Spurs. I don't have any fears about him going whatsoever. We have the best stadium in the country, we have the best chairman in the country, we have a decent squad with the potential to improve, we have plenty of money, we have ambition. We are a FANTASTIC job to have right now. If Gus can't see that and would rather be at Spurs where if he dropped down to 6th place they would probably get rid of him then let him go and find out what being a small, irrelevant fish in a huge pond is like.

All perfectly correct, but completely irrelevant to this actual non-story.

If Gus can't see that and would rather be at Spurs where if he dropped down to 6th place they would probably get rid of him then let him go and find out what being a small, irrelevant fish in a huge pond is like.

'If...'

I think you'll find he's been quoted more times on Brighton stadium / club / chairman issue than he has on the perception of 'touting his arse'.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm a bit fed up of him touting his arse to any club going. He should wait until he achieves something of any note before considering jobs like Spurs. I don't have any fears about him going whatsoever. We have the best stadium in the country, we have the best chairman in the country, we have a decent squad with the potential to improve, we have plenty of money, we have ambition. We are a FANTASTIC job to have right now. If Gus can't see that and would rather be at Spurs where if he dropped down to 6th place they would probably get rid of him then let him go and find out what being a small, irrelevant fish in a huge pond is like.

WOW!!! We lose and you appear back on the board. Where are you when we play well? Too embarrassed to show you face?

Here, Trolly troll troll!!!!

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Theres one point that he seems to have missed in that if he doesn't get us to the Prem in the next 6 years I doubt very much a bigger club would want him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If offered the Spurs job he would RUN from The Amex to London to sign up if he had to. He'd be off like a shot and let's not kid ourselves that the truth is any different. When asked a question like that, he obviously can't say that he'd love the job and wants to be considered. So he has two options.

1) "I'm not interested in talking about the Spurs job. I have a job here and we have plenty going for us so why would I want to think about any other role?"
2) "I'd like to manage in the Premier League. I know Spurs and I enjoyed my time at Spurs, I know the chairman well. I would like you to overlook the fact I was involved in the disastrous Ramos regime as I was only the assistant. I fully intend to manage at that level, so I want Brighton to try and keep up with me, but if they can't I'm not ruling anything else out."

Option 1 would be the loyal, sensible approach. Option 2 is what you say when you desperately want a job but know you can't publicly admit you want it.

He's touting his arse around. In my opinion of course.

He might be having his arse touted around by lazy, over-imaginative hacks, I'll admit - but it's hardly as if he is feeding them with anything other than banal gibberish on the matter.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Gus can tout himself about as much as he likes now as no premiership club will touch him. Gus thinks he's the buisness but he has many more years in the lower divisions yet.

Carry on Gus making yourself look like a complete tool.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why is he playing up to it though? I don't mind anybody leaving us if they deserve a chance at a higher level because they have served us incredibly well and have proved they should be higher than we can take them. But a third division title and £6 million paid out on a bunch of mid-table Championship players does not qualify the man for the third-best club in the land. Again, in my opinion.

... which is why Spurs won't be interested in him.

Two-bit hacks merely put two and two together, cobble together some very selective quotes, come up with their own story, and peddle any shit they like.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

D

Deleted member 18477

to be fair... why on earth wouldnt gus take the spurs job. better league, better players, better chance of trophies, a club he once played for and obviously more money!

i'd be gutted yes but i'd understand his decision as well. athough i really cant see them wanting gus just yet. mourinho wants a prem return and i cant see ambramovich wanting him back. plus he stated that he loves london when he was at chels. (fergie, wenger, mancini, kenny arent going anywhere so spurs is the next best thing in the prem.)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Spurs have got a cap? Even though I'm not a fan, I'd have thought Spurs would have enough class to use a short list (should they find themselves in a position to need one). Unsolicited applications would, I think, go straight into the White hart Lane bin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here