Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus targets Premiership signing before loan window closes

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Lua Lua still puzzles me, if he had impressed this season during his loan spell and good and dandy but he hasn't had the opportunity so he must be low down the pecking order and yet we sign him on contract.

I don't think you're alone with that. Some people have hypothesised it may have been about driving down the asking price, some think it may have been related to the insurance issue surrounding the problems signing him in august (it has been a week over a year since the injury that put him out of action and could have been an insurance deadline). He got injured early in the season, and while he was out Noone has established himself, but that doesn't explain why he has only been given 50 minutes in the last 9 games.

Perhaps him leaving us more vulnerable at the back has led to gus being reluctant to use him while we're struggling to win.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus has gone on record & stated he doesnt believe that confidence has anything to do with Player performance.

Maybe this is where the trouble lies ????

Seems to be talking quite a lot of crap just lately doesn't he....Confidence breeds confidence, simples.....To say confidence does not effect performance is a ridiculous statement, if that's what he said?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Got a feeling it's Josh McEachran from Chelsea..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems to be talking quite a lot of crap just lately doesn't he....Confidence breeds confidence, simples.....To say confidence does not effect performance is a ridiculous statement, if that's what he said?

I understood it that Gus was saying that some players use 'confidence' as an excuse which he doesn't accept.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you sure Gus didn't mean Premiership singing?!?!

DareLiverpoolDream.jpg

"S-u-san Boyle runs down the wing for me...da...da...da...da...da"

Could do a job

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I understood it that Gus was saying that some players use 'confidence' as an excuse which he doesn't accept.

Anyone else staring to get the impression that man management is not his strong suit?...Giving players that extra 10% that maybe they don't posses is what sets the good and the great apart.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Anyone else staring to get the impression that man management is not his strong suit?...Giving players that extra 10% that maybe they don't posses is what sets the good and the great apart.

It must be quite difficult talking out your arse all the time.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

You mean turning average players like El Abd into the player of the season, turning Bridcutt from a Chelsea reserve cast-off into one of the best midfielders in the division, turning a Plymouth reject into a 20-goal a season player, bringing Dunk from nowhere to the verge of the England U21 team, turning a Spanish second divn cast-off into one of the best right backs around at our level, turning Glenn Murray from a lazy sod into the best centre forward in League 1 last year....(I could go on)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Let's see what unfolds over the next month or so shall we. I want Poyet to turn it around as much as anyone but i'm not liking what i'm hearing and i'm hearing quite a bit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You mean turning average players like El Abd into the player of the season, turning Bridcutt from a Chelsea reserve cast-off into one of the best midfielders in the division, turning a Plymouth reject into a 20-goal a season player, bringing Dunk from nowhere to the verge of the England U21 team, turning a Spanish second divn cast-off into one of the best right backs around at our level, turning Glenn Murray from a lazy sod into the best centre forward in League 1 last year....(I could go on)

This with bells on.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The poster seems to excel in this activity lol

At least i'm not blinked like so many on here that thinks Poyet is something akin to King Midas...Last season is confined to the history books and what a great season it was. If i'm the only one that think's(well know's) something is very wrong atm then so be it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
O I don't think your the only one..and certainly Mr Poyet is not perfect ....but some of your comments regarding him seem to be questionable as the above replies have indicated

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
O I don't think your the only one..and certainly Mr Poyet is not perfect ....but some of your comments regarding him seem to be questionable as the above replies have indicated

Point taken and I mean no disrespect to anyone. But I doubt many people on here (i'm sure some do) have the slightest idea what goes on day in day out at and around the club. Not saying I know very much come to that, but I do pick up the odd snippet from a very old friend, who is also a massive fan and it's not great.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I have a theory..................we are negotiating with a Prem club some sort of pre agreement sale for Dunk and in return said club is going to loan us someone. The stumbling block is how much of the players' wages we are prepared to pay ......'ow's about that !!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's see what unfolds over the next month or so shall we. I want Poyet to turn it around as much as anyone but i'm not liking what i'm hearing and i'm hearing quite a bit.
Ah, the voices.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Point taken and I mean no disrespect to anyone. But I doubt many people on here (i'm sure some do) have the slightest idea what goes on day in day out at and around the club. Not saying I know very much come to that, but I do pick up the odd snippet from a very old friend, who is also a massive fan and it's not great.

I haven't the faintest what goes on, but I can imagine all is not great at the moment, as we've only won once in about 11 games, and Gus is getting hacked off because the team aren't playing the way he wants them to. If things were all sweetness and light, to be honest I'd be worried. There are a few egos involved (obviously Poyet is one of them, and I can imagine Tanno is another), so no doubt things get heated. Some people won't see eye to eye with Poyet, that's for sure, and one or two may have a moan. Hardly surprising in the circumstances. It could, of course, be much worse than that, but hopefully just part of the natural tension you have when there are strong personalities involved.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

THIS, This and this! Excellent post :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here