Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus, sort it out. That was another very very poor performance.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I promised not to moan again on here until after the Peterborough game.

Well, here we are. What an awful performance against a team in the relegation zone. If it hadn't been for that last minute goal it would have been our 8th game without a win!

19 corners from which we had maybe one goal-scoring opportunity. That is truly pathetic.

Little urgency in our game for most of the 90 minutes.

Passing the ball around at the back not looking for the forward pass opportunity. Biggest culprit Mr Hammond.

Lack of awareness from too many of the players.

And Bruno man-of -the -match?? The sponsors were either drunk, stupid, or had absolutely no knowledge of the game of football. He was one of our worst players out there this evening. Poor defending for the most part, poor pass selection, poor pretty much everything.

On a positive note it was great to see Dobbie scoring. He looked good when he came on. And an excellent performance from Orlandi again. And good to see Hoskins back. Of, and I thought Dunk had a pretty good game.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Oh shut up.

We battered them for the entire 2nd half and finally Peterborough's luck ran out. We deserved to win 4-0 or 5-0 but for some shite finishing. How is it Gus' fault that CMS was shanking easy chances? Get a grip.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Well, here we are. What an awful performance against a team in the relegation zone. If it hadn't been for that last minute goal it would have been our 8th game without a win!

19 corners from which we had maybe one goal-scoring opportunity. That is truly pathetic.

Passing the ball around at the back not looking for the forward pass opportunity. Biggest culprit Mr Hammond.

And Bruno man-of -the -match?? The sponsors were either drunk, stupid, or had absolutely no knowledge of the game of football. He was one of our worst players out there this evening. Poor defending for the most part, poor pass selection, poor pretty much everything.

On a positive note it was great to see Dobbie scoring. He looked good when he came on. And an excellent performance from Orlandi again. And good to see Hoskins back. Of, and I thought Dunk had a pretty good game.

i'm not going to bother with most of yur post.....but little urgency for 45 mins i would have agreed with ...but not 90...try again

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Bruno was good tonight.

Olandi was woeful. His corner taking and crossing was shocking.

Otherwise agree with you. We were awful tonight. Luckily Peterborough are craps as anybody 5% better would have beaten us.

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012

Hammond doesn't work in that position and Bruno had an OK game to be fair. Agree there was little urgency in the first half but the second was better. Overall though this was not good enough and if not for the last minute goal there would be many more unhappy threads on this site tonight.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I promised not to moan again on here until after the Peterborough game. I sense a promise is about to be broken...

Well, here we are. What an awful performance against a team in the relegation zone. If it hadn't been for that last minute goal it would have been our 8th game without a win! Well, we did score in the last minute and we did win. If we didn't score 5 against Barnsley we would've lost. Your point?

19 corners from which we had maybe one goal-scoring opportunity. That is truly pathetic. Okay, agreed on this one.

Little urgency in our game for most of the 90 minutes. Really?

Hmm...

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Shit!!! I've just read this thread and realised I MUST have been at a different game tonight!!! FFS look where we were,where we have been and where we are now, second half we were very good but lacked the finish,Orlandi was good and played well and Bruno was awsome, you complain we didn't attack first half, yet Bruno(who according to you wasn't very good) started most of the attacks second half, after supporting this club for as long as I have I am still happy that we have a ground we call home,we are in top half of the Championship and we have flair and watchable football

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
You genuinely think he made a star contribution tonight?

He cannot cross, even from a bloody corner which is a dead ball ffs.

Just not good enough.

*sigh*

David Beckham in his pomp would not have managed to get a goal-scoring header out of CMS. It is not Orlandi's fault we play midgets up front.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i thought cms was poor tonight and i know he was playing his old team and he played like that last season against them but i know hes a good player

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
*sigh*

David Beckham in his pomp would not have managed to get a goal-scoring header out of CMS. It is not Orlandi's fault we play midgets up front.

So you are saying that as long as a cross comes in then it's automatically a good cross, and small strikers are to blame rather than the delivery?

Plus you play to the strengths of your team. Floating balls in when you dont have players who can win headers is not a winning tactic.

Except you and Orlandi seem to think it is.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Sounds a bit like the pot calling the kettle black

Otherwise you would realize that a lot of teams, especially the struggling ones, will come into these sorts of matches and try to stifle the attacking teams play by putting most of their players behind the ball, leaving very little room for the forwards to work in and limiting space and ultimately clear cut opportunities.

Sadly because we are such a good passing side and a lot of teams are unable to compete with that, most will shut up shop and look to steal 3 points with a breakaway goal or at least hang on for a draw at the Amex. Better sides who travel to the Amex will attack more (like Leeds) giving us more opportunities for goals but also more risk of conceding. We are going forward, we are creating some small chances but unless we get an early goal and the other team comes out and tries to attack to restore parity, then its always going to be a struggle.

Who do you think we are, Barcelona or Man U, have we spent untold millions on world class players who are capable of breaking down defenses with ease or have we started to evolve the squad and not gone overboard, splashing the cash and buying every Tom, Dick or Harry (Like Leicester under Sven)

Some people need to manage their expectations better, they seem to think that we must be promoted this season rather than allow us to continue to build but if the instant success is what Tony Bloom wants, why didn't he break the bank and buy anyone and everyone we could find? It doesn't seem to me that Gus and Tony think that its this season or bust for promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here