Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus...sign it please

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
bloom has had enough and will withdraw the contract and gus will leave. you are either behind brighton 100% or not. sadly gus is just another calderon.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Gus signing situation is becoming a joke now and I wouldn't blame Bloom for withdrawing the contract, as has been stated earlier.
I do not like the idea of being held to ransom and I don't think Bloom does either.
It will be sorted one way or the other, Gus has made a good impact for the short time he hes been here and it would be interesting what impact he may have over a whole season.
But this indecision must be unsettling to the club and staff as no one knows the outcome and we don't want it dragged out till one week before pre-season.
So sign or don't sign just make the decision soon so that all can move on.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
The Gus signing situation is becoming a joke now and I wouldn't blame Bloom for withdrawing the contract, as has been stated earlier.
I do not like the idea of being held to ransom and I don't think Bloom does either.
It will be sorted one way or the other, Gus has made a good impact for the short time he hes been here and it would be interesting what impact he may have over a whole season.
But this indecision must be unsettling to the club and staff as no one knows the outcome and we don't want it dragged out till one week before pre-season.
So sign or don't sign just make the decision soon so that all can move on.

Jesus, chill out fella. We all want Gus to sign asap but contracts are complicated things particularly when they are 4 year deals. I imagine that both Gus and Tony (or as we are lead to believe Gus' agent and Ken Brown) are negotiating a contract that is fair to the club and the manager. May be he will sign today.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Do we have ANY evidence that Gus is stalling? As far as I knew things were trundling along nicely

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
bloom has had enough and will withdraw the contract and gus will leave. you are either behind brighton 100% or not. sadly gus is just another calderon.

Fair comment but obviously different rules apply to Gus. He is just sooo special.

:smile:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As far as I see it, this couldn't be any more different to the Calderon situation. Even if Gus doesn't sign, he still has a year on his contract. I would prefer they took their time and got it right.

I honestly don't think Gus is stalling.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As far as I see it, this couln't be any more different to the Calderon situation. Even if Gus doesn't sign, he still has a year on his contract. I would prefer they took their time and got it right.

I honestly don't think Gus is stalling.

This,

I think people are forgetting that he still has a year.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Well, thanks to Whitterz I was able to listen to your local radio station from a couple of days ago, when they were doing a feature on Falmer. The comments from Bloom and Poyet suggested there is no reason to worry; on the contrary, there's every reason to be very excited about 2010-11 and beyond, with Gus and Tony.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gus hasn't signed his contract, decent players leaving the club & no big name or even average name signings yet.

Don't worry it's still only June.

Oh, by the way, similar situation this time in 2009 & 2008.

In Gus we trust?

:yawn:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Gus hasn't signed his contract, decent players leaving the club & no big name or even average name signings yet.

Don't worry it's still only June.

Oh, by the way, similar situation this time in 2009 & 2008.

In Gus we trust?

I can see what you are getting at, but I honestly think you are worrying too much. I don't think we'll get any big name signings, rather we'll get unknowns such as Calderon and older established players such as Hendrie and Painter. As pointed out in another thread yesterday - we are unlikely to be able to afford a 25 goal-a-season striker, per example, rather we are going to have to hope that Gus can unearth one. I seem to remember that we had a manager contracted this time in 2008 (although confusion over Wilkins' position) and a manager contracted at this time in 2009.

Gus has until the start of pre-season to sort out at least a skeleton of a squad, I'm prepared to give him a few more weeks to do his thing before I revert to panic mode.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
This is in no way similar to the Calderon situation. Not only, as has already been said, does Gus have a year left on his current contract, Calderon stalled *after* agreeing terms. If the negotiation process is just takins a bit of time, tha sounds normal to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here