Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he'd love to manage his country and a top class club

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Uruguay are a very successful side also, so im sure there will be some pressure on him.

Won Copa america 15times last being this year

and won the world cup 2, although many moons ago.

There 5th in the world in rankings not that this counts as we are some how 4th lol. But there a quality national side

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There 5th in the world in rankings not that this counts as we are some how 4th lol. But there a quality national side

With a population bigger than Wales, but smaller than Scotland.

I can't help but think this might be the time to manage them - while they have two top quality strikers. This does not happen very often to nations that size.

Not that I think Gus will be jumping ship in the near future - just that from a footballing perspective it may not look so attractive in a few years time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Spurs is the ideal job for Gus . A club just outside of the top 4 that he could possibly make more successful but the vacancy is going to come too soon if the reports of Arry going to England are true. I am convinced that he will see our new Academy built and up and running before he even considers leaving us and moving on.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
Speaking to a Spurs fan and they seem to be 100% sure when Harry leaves he will be there next manager, i will be gutted to see him go, but he has the potential IMO wo be a world class manager. His work ethic is fantastic, just not sure who ya would replace him with really his like a priceless item.

i think literally everyone i know has been saying/predicting this since we got knocked out the world cup so no suprise!
i know the man owe's us nothing now but I still got a lump in my throat when he said the words, "I need to get into the top first, to be a contender....I've only been at Brighton, so I've got a long way to go." :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we are now moving into the "come and get me" mode for any big clubs thinking of changing managers :down:

Those comments sound ominous to me.

With a population bigger than Wales, but smaller than Scotland.

I can't help but think this might be the time to manage them - while they have two top quality strikers. This does not happen very often to nations that size.

Not that I think Gus will be jumping ship in the near future - just that from a footballing perspective it may not look so attractive in a few years time.

Indeed, what Uruguayan wouldn't want to manage their national team at the moment? Excellent attacking force!
They have more than 2 world class strikers to, not just Forlan and Suarez(Assuming these were the two you meant), Edison Cavani is bloody brilliant as well.
I don't have anything against him for saying he would want to manage them, but hopefully we get a few more years with him yet!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i think literally everyone i know has been saying/predicting this since we got knocked out the world cup so no suprise!
i know the man owe's us nothing now but I still got a lump in my throat when he said the words, "I need to get into the top first, to be a contender....I've only been at Brighton, so I've got a long way to go." :(

He has a point, we love our club and see it to be bigger than it actually is most fans do this, but at the end of the day his a manager, like players they come and go, he will always be a legend in my eyes, but he will move on and good luck to him. Sad thing is when he does i can see a number turning on him, saying his dumping us etc....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think he will manage England for some time yet !

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I don't think he will manage England for some time yet !

who wont Harry, there is already talk of it before the Euros and will defo happen as soon as the tourn is over, as capello has said he will resign then.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
who wont Harry, there is already talk of it before the Euros and will defo happen as soon as the tourn is over, as capello has said he will resign then.

Things can change so fast as we all know in football and in the unlikely event Don Capello pulled a miracle outta the bag and won the damn thing, you can bet your bottom dollar that the sun and the rest of the red tops would want him to stay include how daft the FA are they would throw more money at the Don and he would stay for the money.

Having said that I cannot see that happening.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed, what Uruguayan wouldn't want to manage their national team at the moment? Excellent attacking force!
They have more than 2 world class strikers to, not just Forlan and Suarez(Assuming these were the two you meant), Edison Cavani is bloody brilliant as well.
I don't have anything against him for saying he would want to manage them, but hopefully we get a few more years with him yet!

I'm not convinced Gus would be interested at this stage of his managerial career. He's still cutting his teeth in managerial terms, and strikes me as the kind of man who enjoys the day-to-day involvement and intensity of club management. At International level, you are basically no more than a scout 90% of the time, travelling around watching players and then only having the oportunity to work with them when qualfiers and tournaments come round.

I wouldn't rule it out at some time in the future for him, but I don't believe Gus would want to go into International management at the moment.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Speaking to a Spurs fan and they seem to be 100% sure when Harry leaves he will be there next manager, i will be gutted to see him go, but he has the potential IMO wo be a world class manager. His work ethic is fantastic, just not sure who ya would replace him with really his like a priceless item.

Spurs fan would know no more about it than you or I. Complete guessing.

If the alleged tax fraudster gets the England job, Levy will have contingencies, which he's not going to leak via Spurs fans.

Gus has made it plain more than once that his heart lies with Chelski.
And that as he is young, time is on his side, so no hurry with the career path.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

The talk came purely from his lying mates in Fleet Street.
Why would the FA plan the appointment sooner than expected of someone on major tax fraud charges?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Every time I see Vilas Boas interviewed I think Gus was born with his share of charisma & personality!
Gus will be the next Chelsea manager I reckon.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This all sounds rather ominous to me :(

Thing is, Gus was us as a team to progress, how much can he progress with our team if "bigger" clubs come in and buy our young star players ala Bennet and potentially Dunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here