Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said Reyes is a possible for Sunday not so Vicente or Hoskins

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I reckon we've already got one in Reyes. Would love to see him in CM.
Yes! Great Shout. That boy certainly does'nt bottle out of a tackle. He's also got an eye for a pass as well...short and long. Love to see him and Bridders as our holding midfielders with two wingers played at The Amex.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't understand how anyone can be pissed off with Vicente. I mean, it's not as if he's a bed blocker - if he was not here we would not have someone else that even remotely offers what he does

I read this first as if he wasnt here he wouldnt remotly have an offer like the one we offered. Could apply

Cant deny he is a pure sick note. Quality a long time ago so its in there somewhere if ever gets fit

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope I'm wrong but it seems Vicente is just here from a little jolly, picking up a decent wage and doing f*** all in return. Can we get him off the pay roll now or are we committed for a period of time ?. Hoskins is now just a farce. Utter waste of money. Buckley, I think could be very good but he needs to play !. All Poyets signing this season have been sicknotes apart from CMS. Not good.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gus did also say Harleys inclusion on hadnt quite worked for the team.

The diplomatic way of saying "Brendon Rogers must be laughing his head off, get on him on a free, then I spunk 250k on him 6 months later and he's been absolutely shit"

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I hope I'm wrong but it seems Vicente is just here from a little jolly, picking up a decent wage and doing f*** all in return. Can we get him off the pay roll now or are we committed for a period of time ?. Hoskins is now just a farce. Utter waste of money. Buckley, I think could be very good but he needs to play !. All Poyets signing this season have been sicknotes apart from CMS. Not good.

US - Hoskins has hardly ever had a period of injury in his career thus far.... so its just unfortunate co-incidence he does now, Buckley and Vicente have previously, but both those 2 players are special imho.... I would sooner have them in the club than not, we are still just 15 games into a 46 game season. Give them a chance and judge their games/contribution at the end of the season.

They are not the problem as I see it, the problem is the creative midfield players as its always been, they are not linking with attack or creating opportunities for CMS + 1

We still haven't really given KLL much of a sniff yet, he looked lively again against Watford, albeit very briefly

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If players are injured then they are injured. It isnt the players fault is it? If anything it is the clubs for taking the risk, espescially with Vicente and Buckley.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
we are still just 15 games into a 46 game season.

Not sure about "just" that is a third gone already and before we know it we'll be through Christmas and over half gone.

On Vicente given his history I would be staggered if there aren't all sorts of clauses in his contract about "fit enough to play" it would be highly naive to have ignored what's been going on his past 5 or so years

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Reyes alongside Bridcutt sounds good. This should tighten things up and also give the attacking midfielders confidence to press forward more.

I'm not an apologist for Harley and didn't see the Millwall miss but thought he was as ok as any of our team against Watford. Given his alleged shooting prowess it was a shame he did not have a go when in space a couple of times on the edge of the Watford penalty area. Yes he struts around a bit and some fans have taken against him but I reckon if he gets a goal or two more he could come good. In the longer term I can see Harley being understudy for Vicente in an attacking midfield role.

If Reyes can transform our defensive midfield then Buckley could do the same for our attacking midfield. If he can stay fit and get a decent run of games under his belt I think he will transform our play.

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
hope gus will get rid this useless crop of sicknote players we currently have on our books - dedicated players only please, not half-arsed prima donnas.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Reyes alongside Bridcutt sounds good. This should tighten things up and also give the attacking midfielders confidence to press forward more.

I'm not an apologist for Harley and didn't see the Millwall miss but thought he was as ok as any of our team against Watford. Given his alleged shooting prowess it was a shame he did not have a go when in space a couple of times on the edge of the Watford penalty area. Yes he struts around a bit and some fans have taken against him but I reckon if he gets a goal or two more he could come good. In the longer term I can see Harley being understudy for Vicente in an attacking midfield role.

If Reyes can transform our defensive midfield then Buckley could do the same for our attacking midfield. If he can stay fit and get a decent run of games under his belt I think he will transform our play.

I really hope you're right regarding Harley, but I just can't see it. I didn't rate him for Exeter and was slightly concerned when we bought him. Gus suggested he was a dead-ball expert and certainly the goal against Peterboro was superb, but if he is THAT good why doesn't he take the corners?

Too much of a passenger for me......

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really hope you're right regarding Harley, but I just can't see it. I didn't rate him for Exeter and was slightly concerned when we bought him. Gus suggested he was a dead-ball expert and certainly the goal against Peterboro was superb, but if he is THAT good why doesn't he take the corners?

Too much of a passenger for me......

And as for that f***ing penalty at Millwall. Penalties in my book are a SET PIECE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here