Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyets post match interview

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think the language makes it clear that's from the official site.

Fair dos, their goal should have been flagged offside. Still doesn't change the fact we had other opportunities to make it 2-0 prior to that. Nor des it change the fact we didn't dominate in the second half as much as we did in the first.

Your boring posts get on my tits at the best of times, but after actually witnessing the refs performance today, I really don't need your "devils advocate" shit.

And if you didn't actually go to the game..........then just f*** off.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
best post match interview from a brighton manager in a long time, made me laugh. Going to be a nice fine and I imagine a touch line ban from the FA though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very funny :lolol: Lays into the ref saying its the worst decision of his career, refusing to apologise and i think asking for one from the ref as well as an explanation as to why its not a penalty, i recomend you listen on the beeb when you get the chance! Also suggests 'foster' doesnt care about the club.

GP is losing the plot quicker than McGhee in his final doomed season. Patently can't hack the pressure. At this rate he'll be lucky to survive til the Summer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
GP is losing the plot quicker than McGhee in his final doomed season. Patently can't hack the pressure. At this rate he'll be lucky to survive til the Summer.

balls, he got pissed off with a referees decision not really not hacking the pressure. Anyway what pressure we are league 1 team who get 6k if we are lucky

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway what pressure we are league 1 team who get 6k if we are lucky

What's that got to do with anything? GP is under HEAVY pressure to turn things round and get a winning team together in time for Falmer. Bloom will have him out on his ear in the Summer otherwise.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think the language makes it clear that's from the official site.

Fair dos, their goal should have been flagged offside. Still doesn't change the fact we had other opportunities to make it 2-0 prior to that. Nor des it change the fact we didn't dominate in the second half as much as we did in the first.

Are you the referee or something? If any team in any game is denied a clear cut penalty (which would have been a red card no question), a goal (questionably disallowed) and has a dodgy goal given against them then they would struggle. Whatever you may think we were refereed out of the game today. Can you imagine what Alex Ferguson, supposedly the greatest manager of all time, would have said after today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

He gets wound up about one ridiculous decision which was a joke and you say he is losing the plot. You are the one losing the plot. Most referees would have warned a manager but the idiot today just pointed straight to the stand, which is more of a reflection of the referee than Poyet.

Can I also say that I was pleased that Poyet mentioned the Murray booking and the failure to book Thornton in his post match interview. That was the most obvious example of the referee's hypocrisy this afternoon as I couldn't see a difference and they were about two minutes apart.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are you the referee or something? If any team in any game is denied a clear cut penalty (which would have been a red card no question), a goal (questionably disallowed) and has a dodgy goal given against them then they would struggle. Whatever you may think we were refereed out of the game today. Can you imagine what Alex Ferguson, supposedly the greatest manager of all time, would have said after today.

And I would (and have) make the same points if it was Alex. I'm not saying these things because of who our manager is or the level we're at. And his time, I'm not playing devil's advocate.

Again, I'm not denying the ref made a mistake. I'm saying we missed plenty of opportunities to make it 2-0 ourselves. I'm saying their goal came from a free kick which arose because of our players mistakes. We could have won this game despite the referee's mistakes.

If we don't accept that we had a part to play in our failure to win, we will continue to make the same mistakes, and next time, we might not have a terrible referee to hide behind, (though, thankfully, for the home games we'll always be able to blame the atmosphere and the running track and let our players get away with poor finishing, defensive cock ups and so on).

Yoda

English & European
best post match interview from a brighton manager in a long time, made me laugh. Going to be a nice fine and I imagine a touch line ban from the FA though

The FA tend to be more lenient when the manager's are correct and the ref has made a real stinker though.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
And I would (and have) make the same points if it was Alex. I'm not saying these things because of who our manager is or the level we're at. And his time, I'm not playing devil's advocate.

Again, I'm not denying the ref made a mistake. I'm saying we missed plenty of opportunities to make it 2-0 ourselves. I'm saying their goal came from a free kick which arose because of our players mistakes. We could have won this game despite the referee's mistakes.

If we don't accept that we had a part to play in our failure to win, we will continue to make the same mistakes, and next time, we might not have a terrible referee to hide behind, (though, thankfully, for the home games we'll always be able to blame the atmosphere and the running track and let our players get away with poor finishing, defensive cock ups and so on).

Of course our players must take their share of the blame for today, as we still could have won it. However, poor refereeing from the officials played a large part in the result today.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Can I also say that I was pleased that Poyet mentioned the Murray booking and the failure to book Thornton in his post match interview. That was the most obvious example of the referee's hypocrisy this afternoon as I couldn't see a difference and they were about two minutes apart.

What was that then?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Obvioulsy SIr Alex has never got annoyed and expressed his views in a press conference then - or Wenger or ,,,,,,,

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What's that got to do with anything? GP is under HEAVY pressure to turn things round and get a winning team together in time for Falmer. Bloom will have him out on his ear in the Summer otherwise.

So your saying because he was angry with an incompetent referee, he has lost the plot? Your a prick, fact.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

It's his South American passion shining through!

Best post match interview, since Adams told Nathan Jones he was a c***! (Not quite the word he used, but we knew what he meant!!)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's his South American passion shining through!

Best post match interview, since Adams told Nathan Jones he was a c***! (Not quite the word he used, but we knew what he meant!!)

Fair enough, he was fired up, but suggesting that Forster doesn't care about the club reduces the chance of club and player coming to any kind of agreement over a new contract, wouldn't you say?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Fair enough, he was fired up, but suggesting that Forster doesn't care about the club reduces the chance of club and player coming to any kind of agreement over a new contract, wouldn't you say?

Quite possibly. He probably feel lets down by his club captain going public a day before the match. Of course we don't know what has been brewing behind the scenes to lead to this situation. Lets hope it gets sorted one way or the other pretty soon.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What was that then?

From memory, Murray pulled their guy back on the edge of our area and quite rightly got booked. However, up the other end two minutes later Bennett is running at their defence and is pulled back from behind by Thornton, who only gets a warning when he clearly should have got the same as Murray. This was exacerbated later on when Thornton was booked, which should have meant a red card.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
agree with that,deffo thornton should have gone,identical foul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here