Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyets post match interview

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Very funny :lolol: Lays into the ref saying its the worst decision of his career, refusing to apologise and i think asking for one from the ref as well as an explanation as to why its not a penalty, i recomend you listen on the beeb when you get the chance! Also suggests 'foster' doesnt care about the club.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Bad referee performances are bearable when they don't have an effect on the game but the decision today completed changed the outcome.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bad referee performances are bearable when they don't have an effect on the game but the decision today completed changed the outcome.

It was 1-0 before the ref made his mistake. It was 1-0 for more than half an hour after he made the mistake.

How long did it stay 1-0 after Elphick and Kuipers made their mistake?

So, let's look again, which mistake changed the outcome?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
It was 1-0 before the ref made his mistake. It was 1-0 for more than half an hour after he made the mistake.

:facepalm:

how about the one where the ref didnt give us a penalty, which would have completely changed the outcome of the game. mong.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Totally justified in what he said and more controlled about it than I would have been so don't really see what the fuss is about. These things end manager's careers and the sooner video technology/replays come into effect the better.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Eh? If the ref got it right they would have been down to 10 men and we would have (probably) been 2-0 up. I think even we would have struggled to throw that away.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eh? If the ref got it right they would have been down to 10 men and we would have (probably) been 2-0 up. I think even we would have struggled to throw that away.

A penalty doesn't mean an automatic red card.

I don't deny he made a mistake, or that we might have gone 2-0. But the only way Orient scored today was from a mistake by our players. Not from the ref.

The ref's decision didn't change what the score was. Nor did it change what it could be.

There were other moments in the game where we could have (and should have) made it 2-0, but our players failed to do so. We could have made it 2-0 up until they scored. How did they score? From a free kick that resulted from our player's mistakes.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
A penalty doesn't mean an automatic red card.

I don't deny he made a mistake, or that we might have gone 2-0. But the only way Orient scored today was from a mistake by our players. Not from the ref.

The ref's decision didn't change what the score was. Nor did it change what it could be.

There were other moments in the game where we could have (and should have) made it 2-0, but our players failed to do so. We could have made it 2-0 up until they scored. How did they score? From a free kick that resulted from our player's mistakes.

Dickinson was through on goal so it would have been a straight red card. I do agree we should have put the game to bed and it's not the first time this season we've been wasteful infront of goal and been made to pay.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:facepalm:

how about the one where the ref didnt give us a penalty, which would have completely changed the outcome of the game. mong.

Mong? Oh dear...

Ignore the fact we failed to win because our players made a mistake if you like. Ignore the fact we had plenty of other opportunities to make it 2-0 and failed to do so, if you like.

I'm not going to ignore these mistakes by our players that are costing us points, I'm not going to blame one ref mistake in one moment of the game for our failure to win, when there were a lot of other moments in the game wherein we could have wrapped things up. If that makes me a mong by your standards, well, I'm not going to lose sleep.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mong? Oh dear...

Ignore the fact we failed to win because our players made a mistake if you like. Ignore the fact we had plenty of other opportunities to make it 2-0 and failed to do so, if you like.

I'm not going to ignore these mistakes by our players that are costing us points, I'm not going to blame one ref mistake in one moment of the game for our failure to win, when there were a lot of other moments in the game wherein we could have wrapped things up. If that makes me a mong by your standards, well, I'm not going to lose sleep.

I totally agree. Managers are forever blaming the whole outcome of a game on a single mistake by a referee, while ignoring countless mistakes by their own players, or even themselves over selection.

Blaming refs is for losers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wasnt just 1 mistake for the penalty though. The goal the lino flagged offside was wrong Murray was not offside most definitely. There was a 2nd debatable penalty for handball and had the ref had a semblance of a reasonable game we could have been 4 - 0 up at half time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How did they score? From a free kick that resulted from our player's mistakes.

A free kick from which Kuipers ended up with a black eye (and a yellow card for complaining about it) after getting smacked in the face by the elbow of an Orient player who was offside when the kick was taken.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A free kick from which Kuipers ended up with a black eye (and a yellow card for complaining about it) after getting smacked in the face by the elbow of an Orient player who was offside when the kick was taken.

Weren't our players back on the goal line, making it impossible for someone to be offside when it's taken?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It wasnt just 1 mistake for the penalty though. The goal the lino flagged offside was wrong Murray was not offside most definitely. There was a 2nd debatable penalty for handball and had the ref had a semblance of a reasonable game we could have been 4 - 0 up at half time.

According to the press room, who had the benefit of video replays, and were able to watch it without brighton and hove albion tinted glasses, it was offside.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Weren't our players back on the goal line, making it impossible for someone to be offside when it's taken?

From the official site:

However, from the resulting kick, referee Cook failed to spot Jason Demetriou, in an offside position, elbowing the Albion keeper, and leaving him sporting a horrendous blackeye.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From the official site:

However, from the resulting kick, referee Cook failed to spot Jason Demetriou, in an offside position, elbowing the Albion keeper, and leaving him sporting a horrendous blackeye.

I think the language makes it clear that's from the official site.

Fair dos, their goal should have been flagged offside. Still doesn't change the fact we had other opportunities to make it 2-0 prior to that. Nor des it change the fact we didn't dominate in the second half as much as we did in the first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here