Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet's blue & white army - East Stand version

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where did you end up for the second half?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Didn't hear it at all three rows back from the front of G - would have joined in if we had.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I heard three or four guys trying to get this going - we were row b - h block and we joined in but your on a hiding to nothing - most of the people just look at you like your nuts - shame as the Barnsley lot were loud and very annoying singing red army for ages -

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They were singing in the concourse as well at HT. Gave it a really good go, and had the North Stand joining in at one point. I did join in, but it really didn't take hold in the east which was a shame.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I don't think you'll ever get the east stand singing!!! Anyone that manages that deserves a medal - the three guys I spoke after the game have said they are back there for the next few home games so they are obviously determined - good luck whoever you are x

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The family stand sing join in a fair amount. It might not be heard around the ground, but there are plenty singing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were singing in the concourse as well at HT. Gave it a really good go, and had the North Stand joining in at one point. I did join in, but it really didn't take hold in the east which was a shame.
We found it somewhat comical, and certainly joined in when it looked like the north, were playing.
I was just hoping the fella did get kicked out, as he didn't return to that seat, for the second half, (well I didn't notice him anyway).

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
We are back for the next four home games in the East Stand . We are like marmite you will love us or hate us . All you have to do is sing support the boys if you don't like what we sing come up with something we will join in . Its a football ground not a library show a bit of passion we will never use bad language as it is a family stand . The lady who came up at the end of the game you give us hope . All the best the judge and the two .

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Credit to them we found there perseverance highly entertaining, the comments about the East stand being library are unfair and untrue. it is will never be on par with the North stand but the kids are getting louder each game and enjoy joining in along with some dads.

paul381

Apr 22, 2008
would be great if we could get a few more people to join in get your kids involved they will love it if we really get it going will sound great.

the blue and white army has always been a great song but for some reason fans are reluctant to sing it give it a go you have nothing to lose and to be honest if you want us to shut up get it going cause we wont stop until you do lol

GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY, GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY, GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY, GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY, GUS POYET BLUE & WHITE ARMY :bhasign::rock:

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Did join in for a bit. I appreciate the effort you lot put in though, especially when you started lecturing the crowd on how to sing :D! Shame it didn't really take off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One song - you've only got one song :lol:

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Could this be the start of a ripple that builds to some kind of meaningful noise from the F/G/H blocks of the East Stand?

Granted, most fans in these parts are more reserved but they bounce up for a goal so I am sure more people could be encouraged to sing. It's a herd mentality. If the majority are silent then people feel self concious. If a few more people overcome their nerves and make a noise then the balance can be tipped and we could make more noise. I am a fairly lone voice of chanting in my area and down the front (row c) which does not make easy to see where others are making an effort but there is no doubt that people do join in when they feel less self concious.

My kids used to love a good stamp in the FS at Withdean - not sure it works on concrete with little feet though!

muvs

Aug 31, 2011
God on you guys.....Pigbite has a valid point, make this your own and keep with it. It will take off.

I heard you guys at Birmingham and it took for a while.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
It kind of goes against my better judgement but perhaps we need some prompting from the North and West stands in the form of some kind of "East stand, give us some noise" chant....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here