Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Rightly, he gets a monstrous amount of praise on this forum and in general but thought I'd add some more:

So far the signings we have made have been astonishing. Sure, Bloom has invested but the Gus Factor is what contributes the final part of the negotiations. A while ago I posted on a thread saying that if Gus went, I'd be devastated but we'd be in a great position to get in another top quality manager. I still think its the case but I honestly don't think any other manager at this level, coming to this club, would have managed to get players like Bruno, Bridge, Kojak and Vicente.

Yes, he's had money and the new stadium but he's the X Factor at this club that brings in the names.

In short, for all his tantrums, odd racist support and leaving 5 mins early, we have the best manager for the club right now and the most exciting and player enticing manager in the Championship.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I agree he has had money but not near what over clubs are doing, he's doing brilliant Business.

One transfer wrong for me and it was a loan last season, and another im still not decided on and this is that players season.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Rightly, he gets a monstrous amount of praise on this forum and in general but thought I'd add some more:

So far the signings we have made have been astonishing. Sure, Bloom has invested but the Gus Factor is what contributes the final part of the negotiations. A while ago I posted on a thread saying that if Gus went, I'd be devastated but we'd be in a great position to get in another top quality manager. I still think its the case but I honestly don't think any other manager at this level, coming to this club, would have managed to get players like Bruno, Bridge, Kojak and Vicente.

Yes, he's had money and the new stadium but he's the X Factor at this club that brings in the names.

In short, for all his tantrums, odd racist support and leaving 5 mins early, we have the best manager for the club right now and the most exciting and player enticing manager in the Championship.

Urban Dictionary: backhanded compliment

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sometimes Gus can be a silly sausage. But I can not think of another manager that could have changed the club from the poor position we were in, to the flair team we are today and get the players that we getting in.

I could not of dreamed of what has happened in the last three years, and I am so excited about next season.

If we can continue to get behind Gus and the team no matter what happens, I think it is going to be great season. :rave:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
People criticise his South American temperament, but I personally love it. He's so much more interesting to watch than so many other dull managers who can only talk in footballing cliché

His personality is the reason why he can attract such quality players. He's charismatic, passionate and truly knowledgeable about the game. It really irritates me when people start calling him names when he does something inappropriate such as the tantrums and leaving early - he does these things purely out of passion and being a bad loser (as all the best managers are)

Good post. And you are right, I have no interest in us having a manager who is good at losing.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

100 percent agree and why he must stay with us, .. Bloom + Gus + Amex = the Xfactor .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Phenomenal manager - will go on to be one of the absolute top, I'm certain of it. We're so lucky he chose us to learn the ropes with - well done Tony.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People criticise his South American temperament, but I personally love it. He's so much more interesting to watch than so many other dull managers who can only talk in footballing cliché

His personality is the reason why he can attract such quality players. He's charismatic, passionate and truly knowledgeable about the game. It really irritates me when people start calling him names when he does something inappropriate such as the tantrums and leaving early - he does these things purely out of passion and being a bad loser (as all the best managers are)

It's his eccentricities that make up his character. I like a manager who has character (and wins games)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In short, for all his tantrums, odd racist support and leaving 5 mins early
I think he only left early once, because he was pissed off with the officials.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He left early at Burnley and Barnsley but then who could blame him at those places? At Burnley, he left before he chinned the referee.
If I remember correctly, that's what he said about the Burnley game, but he said he didn't leave early at the Barnsley game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here