Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet...

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
..is our trump card. Slowly the tide is turning. We are playing good football..the results are coming. He can barely stop smiling ( watch the Seagulls World video after the Charlton game.CLASSIC).
He knows how to say 'well done' to Nicky F after a difficuilt couple of weeks, and after the guy had worked his bollocks off .
He knows how to say thank you to the amazing fans at this club for turning up in their thousands for a mid week match .
He also has his feet firmly on the ground....saying that this Saturday in now more important.
His enthusiasm for this job is rubbing off on the players....guys we thought were 'MAYBE' ok for league 1 are beginning to look like very very good footballers. The players we thought we had, but couldnt get it together for some reason.
Lets just go out on Saturday and give Exeter a thumping....someone is going to cop it big time soon !
Finally.....Gus could, given the time, patience,and staying with us, could become one of the LEGENDS of the Albion

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Should have beaten Norwhich and Leeds, beat Charlton, Exeter is a bigger test because its at Withdean. I've a good feeling however. Its gotta happen, you can feel it coming closer and its becoming more and more likely we'll get the result we want... WHy not thump exeter? Opening season at Falmer is looking more and more on the cards of a realistic dream - somthing that could happen but likely won't.

He is clearly an extremely astute tactician and seems to have relaxed since the Norwich game although positive results will help that.

The key to him being seriously considered at the level we all hope he will be is whether he can turn round our home form. Do that and maintain our away standards and the man can be elevated a few notches higher :thumbsup:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Should have beaten Norwhich and Leeds, beat Charlton, Exeter is a bigger test because its at Withdean. I've a good feeling however. Its gotta happen, you can feel it coming closer and its becoming more and more likely we'll get the result we want... WHy not thump exeter? Opening season at Falmer is looking more and more on the cards of a realistic dream - somthing that could happen but likely won't.

Cmon.......be positive. It will. We deserve it...this club deserves it !

There is something about this man (Gus)... i dont know what it is, but whatever it is ..its working. I think he's a top man manager , and its rubbing off with everyone at the club.
Bet if you asked the tea ladies what they thought of him , theyd go all of a tizzy !!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Was it TCB or WW who wanted him out and called him clueless after the Norwich(?) game? :glare:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Is finding his feet I think and we are improving. Over-reactions are expected after results like last night, but we have to remember that our truly wank home form may be our undoing this season and maybe next as well. I think we will beat Exeter, but only because I consider them a pretty poor team.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
He is clearly an extremely astute tactician and seems to have relaxed since the Norwich game although positive results will help that.

The key to him being seriously considered at the level we all hope he will be is whether he can turn round our home form. Do that and maintain our away standards and the man can be elevated a few notches higher :thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more.....ive put various threads on here about Withdean.. (as many of us have).
I think he needs to have a degree in physicatry( i know its the wrong spelling),to get the players heads around playing at Withdean. But its also down to the guys to put up a perfomance that will get us excited , and want to come back knowing that we are going to get a decent game ..its a tough call... and i think your right. If GUS can get us doing that then we really are on our way !

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Cmon.......be positive. It will. We deserve it...this club deserves it !

There is something about this man (Gus)... i dont know what it is, but whatever it is ..its working. I think he's a top man manager , and its rubbing off with everyone at the club.
Bet if you asked the tea ladies what they thought of him , theyd go all of a tizzy !!

I meant, those results we got were such good results, we played so well and shoudl have won against Norwhich and Leeds, and we did win against Charlton, The same 3 results earlier in teh season yeilded a grand 0 points. we took 4, should have been 6-9. We've got a big home win comming, and Exeter is the game we will get it under his flair leadership. I'm as positive as i've been all season! :clap2:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Was it TCB or WW who wanted him out and called him clueless after the Norwich(?) game? :glare:

Always going to get tosspots like that...i reckon it takes a good YEAR before you can make a complete judgement on a manager , his demenour within the club, how he reacts with the players,staff and fans. Its well documented, but Ferguson was one match away from getting the boot at Man U after a bad first year.... pretty sure they are pleased to have stuck by hi

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Is finding his feet I think and we are improving. Over-reactions are expected after results like last night, but we have to remember that our truly wank home form may be our undoing this season and maybe next as well. I think we will beat Exeter, but only because I consider them a pretty poor team.

Simon, i understand what you mean by over-reaction, but having gone through the mill since 1966, i tend to cling onto any morsel atm !!:lol:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Simon, i understand what you mean by over-reaction, but having gone through the mill since 1966, i tend to cling onto any morsel atm !!:lol:

:lol: Ultimate respect for that, having only been a supporter for about 13/14 years myself due to age constraints:lolol:. Had I made it to the game last night I probably would have been the same! Just need to keep our feet on the ground though. The general atmosphere and occasion of away games (especially big ones) make the wins even more special, but we have to sort our home form out otherwise we will keep going round in circles.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He is rather hard not to like, he seems to really enjoy what he's doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here