Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - right or wrong?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How can you disagree with him being a cheat when he was serving a 7 game ban for biting an opponent when Liverpool signed him?

I'm talking about his performances since he came to England. And anyway, biting an opponent makes him a nutter if you ask me, not a cheat.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Have I gone into teh right thread? I thought this would be about Gus and what he said, when it appears to be all about ManUre.

Anyway, I'll carry on regardless with what I thought the thread would be about. Gus makes a very valid point that the word "Negro" is not universally unacceptable, and if anything WE are perhaps out of step with most of the World. Suarez has not been here for very long, so does perhaps have a slight excuse of ignorance on this one regarding the sensitivity of the word in this country. Meanwhile, Evra is perhaps more sensitive than some, as this is the 2nd time he's cried "racist" after an incident while warming down at Stamford Bridge.

Without being there, it's hard to be sure, but it seems to me that Suarez is wrong (it's often the context more than the words), Evra is not one to let any comments go, while Gus standing up for a fellow countryman who he believes is being overly cricticised. Suarez should be punished, Gus could do with learning the phrase "no comment", and Evra should receive an apology, and then we all move on.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
"Leave it, leave it, e's not wurf it!"

ANYWAY ...

what will be interesting if Suarez is found NOT GUILTY of making racist comments. Then any other comments Gus made about racism will probably become irrelevant and, rightly or wrongly, he will be applauded for sticking up for his friend.

one other thing about this, didn't Evra say himself, there are cameras everywhere you can see him saying it. Wouldn't the TV stations be all over this like a rash? Are they not allowed to show repeats of the incident? I haven't seen anything. Anyone else?

or maybe you shouldve know that not all united-fans are gloryhunters, some of us actually have been there from the 80s

Seriously mate, if you're old enough to have been going in the eighties, my names Ernie and I drive the fastest milkfloat in the West.

manutd_gone_wild

Nov 18, 2011
okey since people are complaining that the thread has derailed abit i will just log out for now.

CHAMPIOOOOOOOONE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOONE OLE OLE OLE

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
yes! good!
keep up with that attitude and surely you'll get another 110 years of winning f*** all

For some people, the ones that actually have passion and knowledge of the game, supporting your local club, going to watch them every week (you can actually go TO the stadium! It's just like watching it in 3D! I recommend it) and riding out the highs and lows your side goes through is what it's all about.
Whereas you get to sit on your sofa every weekend and watch a side that you have no links to win pretty much every week. I know which one I'd prefer.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
No-one is saying Gus has been racist, just that he believes someone who believes they have been abused because of their race (Evra), should just put up with it and any attempt to report it to authority is "crying like a girl"

utd fans all over twitter calling for him to resign and calling him racist, as well as fans of brighton saying they cant believe what hes said, ive read and listened to the interview and for the life of me cant find anything wrong

Revzzz

Nov 18, 2011
The idea that supporting a certain football club somehow makes someone less smart, or less moral as some have seemed to suggest, is a testament to your own idiocy.

There are a lot of ManYoo fans who are utter morons - look at the ManYoo Facebook page, it's populated almost exclusively by barely literate people from (it must be said) Africa and south Asia who actually believe that there's a chance that Fergie may read their comments and take on some tactical advice. Am I a bigger supporter than them? Yes, I go to as many games as I can a season. Is someone from Manchester who goes to games week in week out a bigger supporter than me? Yes, of course they are.

There's not really much more to it than that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So when Manu had Beckham, giggs the Neville's butt, scholes etc all Manu youth players and won the league and cup and everything else, they bought the league by investing in youth then did they. This shit written on here is hilarious

For the treble winning season, they also had Schmiechal, Yorke (top scorer), Staam, Cole, Sheringham, Keane, Irwin, Solskjaer.

They have also bought taibi, barthez, bosnich, silvestre, Veron, Van Nistelrooy, Forlan, Blanc, Caroll, Ferdinand, Djemba-Djemba, Ronaldo, Saha, Howard, Heinze, Pique, Rossi, Rooney, and that's stopping in (2004/5) to play alongside those youth players.

Yes they brought through some youth prospects, but to suggest the youths won it does a diservice to the older experienced players who were bought in.

Having said that, I find the idea of teams buying the title to be redundant. Even teams with the most productive youth set ups need to buy players too. It's not a stick to beat any team with, be they nouveau riche like chelsea and city, or old money like liverpool and utd.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
utd fans all over twitter calling for him to resign and calling him racist, as well as fans of brighton saying they cant believe what hes said, ive read and listened to the interview and for the life of me cant find anything wrong

Its all kicked off, predictably.

But after the furore of Blatters ill-jedged remarks on Wednesday, Gus in essence has managed to align himself with them (even though he denounced Blatter in the same breath).

Thats never a good place to be.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
being blown out of all proportion if Evra had of played for any other club than MU you would not have heard a thing and for that matter I sort of understand where Blatter is coming from as well things are said in the fury of battle and normally a handshake and a pint in the pub afterwards is enough to see off any lasting nastiness I mean FFS its a mans game and if you want to be a big girls blouse about a few naughty words then don't play the game.
and as for waiting with baited breathe for what that twat fergie has to say who cares I certainly don't and if you try to say to me he has not used the "N" word then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.
I sat in tears last night after hearing about a boy who gave evidence about the Steven Lawrence murder after his father died the night before and listening to the evidence he gave who would not of shed a few tears.
also I hear that the met want to prosecute Terry for his supposed racist remarks this from what has been described as a "institutionally racist" Organisation

what a strange world we live in

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Of course some people will just take the sensationalist view that Poyet must be a racist if he is defending someone who has been accused of racism. What bugs me is that is saying people should just put up with abuse and not think about reporting it i.e. sweeping it under the carpet

MCK

Nov 18, 2011
I personally think it is being blown out of proportion but do you expect your club to make an official statement at all?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
New levels of hatred for ushited, I really didn't think it was possible.

I need to youtube the 6-1 just to calm down before I go and punch one of my moronic colleagues who also has inane support for the kvnts

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
That's not true though. United although in debt are very profitable as a business and can support the interest payments required through self generated income and without the help of any sugar daddy.

Wages are insane and ticket prices are steep but we are profitable and totally self funded

Not sure how you come to that conclusion with losses of 25 million and 26 million in 2007 and 08 and a reported profit in 09 only because of the sale of Ronaldo. The interest payments chew up almost half... HALF of your matchday income per annum the Glazers royally screwed you there MCK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here