Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus poyet m'lord

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
well with 41 pages and rising on THAT other thread, start warming up those vocal cords in readiness for a 20,000 strong rendition of 'Gus poyet m'lord' for 90 mins on sat - nobody is indispensable but we don't want him to go just yet do we ... :kiss:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It really pisses me off that people still sing it "Gus Poy-ay".

there is a T on the end - when can we please start singing it?! he has been asked the question how to pronounce his name and it is technically "porjette" as in "courgette", but as a minimum he said "poyette" would do.

imagine how much "poy-ay" must p1ss him off?

If you were the manager of Melchester Athletic and your name was Trevor Walker, wouldn't you be pissed off if people sang "Trev Walk-ear my lord, Trev Walk-ear"??

FFS it's POYETTE.

Rant over

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
approx 2500 will presumably NOT be singing but I take your point - would be a magnificent endorsement and hopefully help to spur us on to a win

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
It really pisses me off that people still sing it "Gus Poy-ay".

there is a T on the end - when can we please start singing it?! he has been asked the question how to pronounce his name and it is technically "porjette" as in "courgette", but as a minimum he said "poyette" would do.

imagine how much "poy-ay" must p1ss him off?

If you were the manager of Melchester Athletic and your name was Trevor Walker, wouldn't you be pissed off if people sang "Trev Walk-ear my lord, Trev Walk-ear"??

FFS it's POYETTE.

Rant over

Gareth Malone where are you when we need you ? ..... Now there's an idea - shame his projects are usually of the more noble variety

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Yeah, I always thought [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION]'s late, lamented banner should have said "Poyet - rhymes with Courgette". Both practical and respectful.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Maybe if fans started taking courgettes to the game, rather than celery, other fans might start to get the idea....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here