Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - Managerial Genius

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he can get us to a solid mid table finishing position I am sure Bloom will find a few pennies for him in the summer knowing that a promotion just before Falmer could set this club up for years to come.
Mind you having said that, Div 1 looks a hard division to get promoted from these days.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I just hope we dont fill our team full of loan players. It doesnt work, it will put us in danger of relegation.

Aaron Davies, Matt Thornill shoud go back to Forest and then we should start rebuilding with our own players

the odd loan signing is fine, but i think we've seen over the last 2 years that signing loan players is not the answer. slade stopped playing most of the loanees last year and we started winning. the lads from forest should be sent back - don't suppose gus could negotiate the return of lynch as well!

for the first time since the wilkins regime the players will be properly prepared, coached and managed.

thanks mr bloom, it feels like you've taken our club out of the doldrums already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just hope we dont fill our team full of loan players. It doesnt work, it will put us in danger of relegation.

Aaron Davies, Matt Thornill shoud go back to Forest and then we should start rebuilding with our own players

Disagree, we have the basis of a very good team but if you are suggesting we ignore the possibilty of getting a couple of quality experienced loan defenders in via Gus' contacts with Chelsea, Spurs and West Brom, I have to conclude that you are mad. We are not going to go down the Micky Adams route of bringing in past it journeymen, of that I'm sure.

If, however, TB is gonna give Poyet the funds to strengthen in January you have a point. If not a couple of loan players makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I agree the odd one, I said fill our team full of them. It doesnt work, as Micky Adams proved last year

I just think Davies and Thornhill should go back as they dont seem to feature too much in the first team.

An experienced centre back is a must, so I guess if that is a loan player, then so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here