Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet In or Out

Gus Poyet In or Out

• Total voters

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Gus seems to be asking a lot more support from the chairman, from his interview. Some of the blatant things he said may land him in hot water as well though.

"It's difficult to analyse because it's repetitive and I'm getting bored".

"It's the same every week ,day in and day out. IS IT WORTH IT !!. I don't know. We'll see"

"if we can't score from a penalty, then how are we going to score at all! "I'm getting bored of managing a team like this one."

"So We'll see, Let me think about it "..

Give him the funds to get better quality players or he'll go. Bottom line.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So do think that has stopped are are we still progressing?

I think we're still progressing, but football is never a simple thing. We've got 5 or 6 new players in the starting XI this season that need time to gel with the existing squad etc. Our defence is better than last season, with the Pole, and the full backs offering a lot more than last. Our midfield is still a bit of a conundrum. We haven't seen the 'real' Crofts or Hammond just yet I don't think, and unfortunately injuries have meant Orlandi has been restricted when it was looking like he was really settling. CMS started like a train, and had the M'Boro chances fallen to him a month ago I think we'd have probably won that game.

Progression isn't always linear, and this is a deeply concerning dip in form, but I honestly feel we're not far away from regaining some confidence and getting some wins back under our belts.

I'm not happy with results, but changing the manager as others are suggesting is just plain stupidity.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Give him the funds to get better quality players or he'll go. Bottom line.

You could give him 50 million quid tomorrow and he wouldn't get to spend it until January unless we're about to start loaning Man City players and paying all their wages. You also have to look at the quality of players brought in over the summer. Kuszack, Bruno, Bridge and possibly Crofts can all go down as good signings from a standard higher than we are in. The rest must go down as dubious. Tony Bloom may well want to see a few coming off the wage bill before we start signing anyone else - and he'd be right.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Rubbish poll options, but voted IN.

No blind faith here and not necessarily in agreement that he's 'still the best', but "Gus out"?" No no no no noooo.

We have no divine right to be top of the league and given where we have come from, we are still doing incredibly well.

Let's face it, the winning streak got everyone over excited, thinking we were on for promotion. Now we've slipped, Poyet is suddenly to blame - am I missing something, or was he not the one who was responsible for getting us to the top of the league in the first place?!

There will be ups and downs, but I firmly believe that the club will be best served by letting Gus develop as a manager, rather than giving him the boot and ending up with someone else, who would need to spend money making changes to the squad. This is not blind faith, but logical pragmatism - can anyone give an example of a club that has benefitted from chopping & changing their manager, or is continuity the order of the day?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Oh this is getting so repetitive that I'm getting bored with it (OMG I'm turning into Gus)!!

Do you really think the club would spend millions on the new academy based on Gus's football requirements if we are going to sack him. Of course not numpties. He's 100% in and he will sort the current problems.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So do think that has stopped are are we still progressing?

If you had asked 25 days ago at 3pm I would have said absolutely. I think any sane person would have agreed. I think any sane person would also wait alot longer than 25days to say there was a hugely significant problem.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yeh, im sure Bloom is over the moon with our recent results. Lose our next 2 and Gus could be gone

You have absolutely nothing to back up that assertion other than your absolute desire to see Poyet gone. Poyet's position is not even under review, never mind under threat.

Poor run? Yes. Poor manager? Come off it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
In but not above critiscm

This this this this.................no one better at this point! If we did start a gradual decline FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON then Bloom may have to rethink. But that will not happen. End of!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
are some of you people f***ing serious... absolute joke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here