Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet bigs Leeds up....again.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
In a interview on the BBC sport web page Gus bigs Leeds up saying what a big, great club they are with great fans. This is becoming a bit regular now from Gus(his admiration for LFC). Is he quietly putting himself up for the job? or am i worrying to much?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that here is more liklehood of him going to Leeds after Saturday than being approached for the Tottenham job if it becomes vacant. He has however said today that he has signed a new contract at Brighton recently so it would need to be a very special job for him to move.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's not "again" at all - It's the same interview from earlier in the week....................... it just takes BBC a few days to catch up.

Nothing to see here I'm pleased to say.

Move on.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's not "again" at all - It's the same interview from earlier in the week....................... it just takes BBC a few days to catch up.

Nothing to see here I'm pleased to say.

Move on.

Its a new video on Seagulls Player. Again he said massive club and a very special atmosphere. Said he had a great time at Leeds.
Get me the fing sick bucket, I hate Leeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dec 27, 2010
If Gus says no that's good enough for me, he is a man of his word.
Plus even if he wanted to go to Leeds would they entertain the overhaul of the Youth/Development coaching system so they all played in Gus's style ?....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In a interview on the BBC sport web page Gus bigs Leeds up saying what a big, great club they are with great fans. This is becoming a bit regular now from Gus(his admiration for LFC). Is he quietly putting himself up for the job? or am i worrying to much?

Definitely not worrying too much, perhaps you should set your sat-nav for Beachy Head, just in case like.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Its a new video on Seagulls Player. Again he said massive club and a very special atmosphere. Said he had a great time at Leeds.
Get me the fing sick bucket.

Still the same interview that was being quoted earlier in the week ..................... not anything new

We can all relax :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Double Bluff, he isn't going to slag them off and in the process, fire them right up for Saturday...Softly softly approach then f*** um up on Saturday afternoon. Poyet will be right up for winning this one, that's for sure.Mind games is a massive part of the game for managers.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This is becoming a bit regular now from Gus(his admiration for LFC). Is he quietly putting himself up for the job? or am i worrying to much?
How regular. As in he was asked if he would be interested in the job after they sack their manager, and he said its a big great club but no, and the fact that we then play them Saturday.

The way you say its becoming a bit regular seems like you are having a go at him. FFS what else is he going to talk about. We f***ing play them in two days time......... what is the matter with some people on here :tosser:

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007

LFC...LUFC... ach, what the heck they're all dirty northerners.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Here it is, the quote from Ken Bates in Bashlsdir's link above:

"Well, Simon was approached by Burnley last season. They offered him a lot more money than we could afford to pay him, but he said no. He wanted to finish the job he'd come to Leeds to do. But loyalty is a two-way thing. I'm loyal to my managers until they can't or don't deliver. Unfortunately, Dennis and [his assistant] Gus Poyet thought the grass was greener elsewhere. It wasn't. Dennis's time at Newcastle was a complete disaster. And I heard about Poyet leaving on Sky Sports News. Then he wanted to come back as manager. No f***ing chance. Nobody lets me down twice."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here