Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Attacks Horse

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whenever Sandaza was given PROPER game time, he was dreadful. Our main 2 strikers both scored 20+ goals. What on earth does he have to complain about?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's just trying to make it look to future employers that contrary to what they might think it wasn't because he wasn't good enough. Pity because clearly he wasn't.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can understand his frustration as 5 goals wasn't a bad return for the time he played. But he has to accept that we had two or three better strikers ahead of him and that he was just unfortunate not to get a prolonged spell in the starting XI through the others being injured or suspended.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can understand his frustration as 5 goals wasn't a bad return for the time he played. But he has to accept that we had two or three better strikers ahead of him and that he was just unfortunate not to get a prolonged spell in the starting XI through the others being injured or suspended.

We were fortunate that he didn't get a prolonged spell in the starting 11.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Maybe but I think if he had been given a run of 10 starts in a row he would have done pretty well for us. Hardly anyone could have made an impact with the limited opportunities he had

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

this.... he couldn't lead the line. First few months he was unfit as well. Could nick a goal, but not a conventional striker. Has no right to lash out at Gus, he simply wasn't good enough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe but I think if he had been given a run of 10 starts in a row he would have done pretty well for us. Hardly anyone could have made an impact with the limited opportunities he had

I don't, based on the fact that he is a BAD footballer, and wouldn't suit our passing game at all. He made an impact against the likes of FCUM. When he started against Swindon he was utterly woeful.

Don't get me wrong. If Alex Ferguson said "I've got 100million to spend, I need a striker who's an expert at scoring deflected goals from 6 yards out off their arse, in the last 5 minutes of a game against non-league opposition."

I would tell him to spend the LOT on Fran, because there is no one in football better at that job.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reads to me more like it's being painted as more aggressive than intended. The situation was unfair, it was he came in and it didn't matter how well he trained or played, there were a couple who were training and playing better, it's not his fault, not Gus's fault, it was just the situation.

Personally, i.e. on a personal level, it was a disappointment, he probably expected to be a main player and help us to the title, instead he was a bit part player, albeit one who scored a couple of key goals.

He was disappointed not to play in the games when the title was won.

Given how he stayed when he was reportedly offered a shot elsewhere would suggest he isn't overly negative about gus and the club etc.

Just typical newspaper "let's say "blasts" instead of "said about", it sounds much more dramatic".

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't, based on the fact that he is a BAD footballer, and wouldn't suit our passing game at all. He made an impact against the likes of FCUM. When he started against Swindon he was utterly woeful.

Don't get me wrong. If Alex Ferguson said "I've got 100million to spend, I need a striker who's an expert at scoring deflected goals from 6 yards out off their arse, in the last 5 minutes of a game against non-league opposition."

I would tell him to spend the LOT on Fran, because there is no one in football better at that job.

I know what you mean, but disagree in that I still think he would have done alright in our team given a decent run in the side. Ruud Van Nistelrooy was very successfully for Man Utd in the same role playing for a team that passes it rather than lunping it. He was next to useless outside the box but managed to score A LOT of goals in and around the 6 yard area. Not saying Fran was anywhere near Ruud's level but he was the same style of player.

All if's and but's though as we'll never know what he would have done if Barnes and Murray were out for a long spell.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No issue with any of either sides comments. All fair do's

Good luck Sandaza , hopehe gets a good move.

He wasn't up to L1 and certainly not champs but may do ok L2 / conference or anywhere in scotland

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
He was the Malcolm Poskett of his time.

Decent enough striker when he came on but not up to the quality of players in front of him and the league we are going to be playing in.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Good to see that the Argus hasn't blown Poyet's measured comments ("blasts") out of all proportion.
:lolol: Indeed. Also, I'm struggling to find where Sandaza has said he felt "betrayed" or anything like that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reads to me more like it's being painted as more aggressive than intended. The situation was unfair, it was he came in and it didn't matter how well he trained or played, there were a couple who were training and playing better, it's not his fault, not Gus's fault, it was just the situation.

Just typical newspaper "let's say "blasts" instead of "said about", it sounds much more dramatic".

Yup, excellent summing up IMHO :clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No issue with any of either sides comments. All fair do's

Good luck Sandaza , hopehe gets a good move.

He wasn't up to L1 and certainly not champs but may do ok L2 / conference or anywhere in scotland
I agree with these sentiments, except that he always struck me as a perfectly competent league 1 striker. He'd have walked into at least a dozen league one sides. Good luck Fran. Not quite good enough for the best Albion side we've seen in nearly a decade, but thems the breaks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here