Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet = an embarrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

D

Deleted member 18477

Happy we're out. Well done gus! Now let's concentrate on that league!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
OP = an embarrassment

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So I guess you are a JCL you want success and you want it now. Gus already stated he was not taking the cups seriously so it was more like a preseason so time to get match fitness and try something different. Some of your points are fair and correct but the overall tone of your post is poison, I trust Gus in general , he won't get everything right but so far he has got the majority right.
If you are desperate for success you can always support Chelsea you know that team we beat 3-1 2 weeks ago,

Last edited:

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
On a more serious note, is there a reason why we dont ban posters like these. I mean hes been doing it for years now, attention seeking, posting threads to just wind people up.

And to think I got banned twice in 2 weeks for saying f*** (wont get me this time u c***s, u know who u are) off.
This forum has become a joke, ppl cant swear but are allowed to post utter bulls*** like this.
Why dont u jump off cliff mate? (awaits ban... again)

Gus is not and never ever will be an embarrassment to this club, he has achieved more here in the last 3 years then any manager has in the last 20.
I guess you'd rather someone like Micky Adams or dare I say it... Martin Hinshelwood were in charge? :)

See you in a few weeks!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I agree with everything WW says, and i'd guess as nobody has a valid reply to what he has said, you all agree with him too?

Fair enough, lets have a structured response.

Navarro released, yet he plays chumps like Dicker and Harley? Don't forget he spunked a fair whack on the latter.

Releasing Navarro was a mistake, but I'd be very surprised if Harley is a regular starter. With the players we have available today Dicker and Harley were probably the best choices.

Dunk over El-abd? Not good enough.

I agree, but the only way Dunk is going to learn is by playing in matches like this. On paper this was a good choice to give Dunk a run out, but he probably should have subbed El-Abd on at some point.

Calderon in midfield? What the hell?

It may seem strange, but I actually think Calderon could play as a winger if he needed to. He showed last season he can score from a fullback position, and he was good coming forwards. I don't think trying him in midfield is completely crazier (and a saner decision than trying to get Noone to provide defensive cover last season).

Away from home last season we struggled without a target man and any height in the middle of the park. So what's he changed? Not a lot, unless you include our "new dimension" of twatting stupid long balls into touch from the full back position.

The transfer window isn't shut yet. It does seem Gus is after a target man, but things haven't quite come together yet. If we haven't got someone by the end of the month though there may be problems.

Instead of whining about how we've only got the 12th best budget in the league, how about he spends it on the positions we need?

Here I have to disagree. We needed a keeper, he got one. We needed our defence re-enforced, he got two fullbacks with extensive top flight experience.

A meaningless shit League Cup game against a noddy club, and yet it's raised questions.

Dicker was utterly GASH last season, so why persist with him? Why? Why? He has no pace at all. None.

Dicker had some pace in pre-season. I was listening on the radio tonight, so no idea how fast he was, but it seems he can be fast. I'm willing to forgive him for the tail end of last season, he was coming back from injury and I think he came back earlier than he should have. Just wasn't quite right.

Craig Noone. Did Cardiff really bid 1.5 million for him? really?

His final ball does need improvement, no-one can argue with that. His ability to beat defenders is certainly an asset though, but he just needs to either land crosses or play it along the floor.

Why hasn't he got the target man he's needed since he stupidly didn't retain Murray?

Because sometimes things just don't come together. It seems he'd been trying, but the deals just haven't come together. It's not all on his end.

What an absolutely DISASTROUS start to the season. Reality check doesn't even handle it!

A tough start to the season coming up, if Gus doesn't learn from his mistakes then he's going to have people calling for his head. You need to be able to play away from home, not just on a big, perfect pitch in front of a home crowd.

Not good enough Gus, not good enough at all.

He needs to be able to alter tactics away from home more, I agree.

However, I disagree that Gus isn't good enough. We all know he's learning as a manager, it's just a question of whether he takes new experiences on board. However he delivered our highest league finish for however many years last season (I believe someone said 20 years?), which hardly makes him seem like a poor manager.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Good job no one is overreacting! Tonight was poor no doubt but really does it not just highlight that we are a mid table side, anything higher would be an overachievement. With the current playing staff that is.......

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So I guess you are a JCL you want success and you want it now.

Look at the date I registered on this forum.

I cracked, wasn't supposed to do post match rants anymore! That's the danger of a televised game I guess.

Still, same old NSC, nobody bothers to debate the points in the original post, they'd rather call me a cock.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
1. It's like the Chelsea match of last week never happened.
2. Swindon deserve respect. Di Canio's got them organised and they'll do well in League 1.
3. Other Championship clubs have struggled tonight, including Cardiff who will not doubt be in the shakeup come the Spring.
4. We have Crofts, Buckley, KLL, CMS to come in.
5. Gus WILL bring in a proper striker soon enough.

Points 1-4 I agree with. Not sure about 5. We've been trying to replace Murray since he left and he still hasn't managed it. I can't say I've got any faith in him miraculously finding the target man we so desperately need in the next 2 and a half weeks - without that hold-up man it's another season of falling short I'm afraid.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Navarro released, yet he plays chumps like Dicker and Harley? Don't forget he spunked a fair whack

Calderon in midfield? What the hell?

Away from home last season we struggled without a target man and any height in the middle of the park. So what's he changed? Not a lot, unless you include our "new dimension" of twatting stupid long balls into touch from the full back position.

Instead of whining about how we've only got the 12th best

:shootself YEP QUOTE "SHUT THE f*** UP" :shootself

Dicker was utterly GASH last season, so why persist with him? Why? Why? He has no pace at all. None.

Craig Noone. Did Cardiff really bid 1.5 million for him? really?

Why hasn't he got the target man he's needed since he stupidly didn't retain Murray?
Not good enough Gus, not good enough at all.
:shootself

D

Deleted member 18477

I cracked, wasn't supposed to do post match rants anymore! That's the danger of a televised game I guess.

Still, same old NSC, nobody bothers to debate the points in the original post, they'd rather call me a cock.

PANIC!!!!! Arghhhhhhh we losttt! Arghhhh PANIC!!!! We're so shit!! Arghhhhhhh!!!!

FFS OP!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Maybe if you hadnt titled the thread as u hav your points would have got more credibility?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Prat !!!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

More than happy to debate and I can read, but your posts are childish rantings at best you come out with whine after whine, we are Brighton not Man United we have climbed from beneath the barrel we were that poor and we are improving rapidly. We all want to be the best but it doesn't work like that in the real world. When you start to post constructive posts not nonstop criticism then I will reply in kind until then your views are irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here