League stats only:-

Played: 38

Won: 16
Drawn: 11
Lost: 11

Win%: 42.1%
Win/draw%: 71.1%
Lose%: 28.9%

This season: Win%: 57.1%. For comparison, Alex Ferguson Man Utd career Win%: 58.9%

In conclusion, Gus has managed to stop the ship, steady the ship, turn the ship and is now full steam ahead. Legendary status is imminent

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Looking at those stats over a standard season we would have 59 points from 38 games.

After our good start I think we are NAILED ON for a playoff spot at least. 1.5 points per game average should acheive this and is well within our capabilities.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
As much as I dont disagree with the point about us making the playoffs at least, we firmly need to keep our feet on the ground.

Its very early days and we have to take each game as it comes and not get ahead of ourselves, im not being Mr negative but lets say an injury to Murray & Bennett which isnt impossible and our hopes are dented massively.

At the moment, tactically were getting it right and teams are being hit with the surprise impact and dont quite know how to play us. Once we have a steady 11 playing for 2 months solid, teams will be able to do a job on us better and we will have to box clever and tactically out do them.

Were playing attractive free flowing football and if we can keep suspensions down to a minimum and stay relatively injury free, then I agree who knows what can be achieved this season.

One thing i do feel confident about is Gus staying with us, its too early for a prem job and I cant see him leaving us for a championship club.

Enjoy game by game, its going to be a good season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we firmly need to keep our feet on the ground. Its very early days and we have to take each game as it comes and not get ahead of ourselves

Of course we're all over the moon but at the end of the day its better to have points on the board or we'll be as sick as a parrot once they cross that white line.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Quite right there, Easy. The lads need to keep things tight at the back, build on our early doors form & then step up to the plate at the business-end of the season (if you like). Remember, it's not a sprint: it's a marathon. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here