Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on the radio

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've heard the gaffer on the radio twice recently. He was introduced as ex-Chelsea, rather than as current Brighton manager.

This annoys me.

That is all.

Are we talking LOCAL radio here?, if we are, it says it all, even some of those lame-brains at BBC Sussex in Queens Road dont seem to know we have a team in the Football League, never mind who our manager is, (John Lees apart that is).

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I agree it is always the way when Poyet is introduced anywhere its ex Chelsea and Tottenham player and oh yeah he is Brighton manager as well.
This is because a lot of people glory hunters and they feel they have to jump on the bangwagon, eg you know when say Burnley playing Man utd, the commentary team always say if 0-0 with 10 mins left can Man U get the goal, what about well done Burney for holding Man u out, can they hold this out and get a awesome point.
(i know didnt occur was just a example) they always take the sides of the top teams, its sooo sad and annoying, as yes the big teams have a bigger fan base but if you put all fans of top teams eg Man u, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man city etc together vs all fans who support only local team like us Brighton fans and then teams in championship and lower who i bet a majority of fans support only there team all way down to non league.
These fans would totally outweigh who supports the bigger teams no doubt, but still its always biased towards big teams.
Another example how many times was Newcastle on sky last year ? i reckon must been about 10 times, how many times they get on this year properly about 4, but how many other teams didnt even get a game on tv last season, i thought it was about sharing around but Newcastle seemed to be on every week.
Just not fair.
Sorry my Rant.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Loving the new signature TLO. One slight concern from your point of view, won't it be seen to be lacking a bit of, what's the word...oh yeah, irony?

I only mention it because presumably you wouldn't want a signature that basically said 'I am a total penis' on every one of your posts? Don't mention it, happy to help out. And no, (*moves into lame response defence mode*) that is not MY new signature.

Sorry if any of this is inadvertently annoying.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Loving the new signature TLO. One slight concern from your point of view, won't it be seen to be lacking a bit of, what's the word...oh yeah, irony?

I only mention it because presumably you wouldn't want a signature that basically said 'I am a total penis' on every one of your posts? Don't mention it, happy to help out. And no, (*moves into lame response defence mode*) that is not MY new signature.

Sorry if any of this is inadvertently annoying.

So... you make feeble attempt at sarcasm by believing (wrongly) that you're telling one person (me) what someone else (WNW) is actually thinking - and then you go and compound it by doing exactly that yourself, telling me what it is than I am thinking (Post No.20). :facepalm:

I did get one aspect slightly wrong though; you're not just a dick. You're clearly much more than that.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear, you're just not getting this, are you?

So... you harangue someone with your pathetic form of sarcasm about telling them (me) what someone else (WNW) is thinking - and then you go and compound it by doing exactly that yourself, telling me what it is than I am thinking. :facepalm:

I did get one aspect slightly wrong though; you're not just a dick, you're clearly much more than that.

Well, let me spell it out for you. This started with you being mildly patronising, and me highlighting it. You then got a bit excited and called me a dick, and then you're always likely to get a bit back. You do seem to be a bit of an 'internet bully' who doesn't like that.

If you carry on being patronising on this public board, you can expect more mild piss-taking. If you continue to get very nasty, you can expect more. Go and have a lie down, and think about it. You are embarrassing yourself.

D

Deleted User X18H

Well, let me spell it out for you. This started with you being mildly patronising, and me highlighting it. You then got a bit excited and called me a dick, and then you're always likely to get a bit back. You do seem to be a bit of an 'internet bully' who doesn't like that.

If you carry on being patronising on this public board, you can expect more mild piss-taking. If you continue to get very nasty, you can expect more. Go and have a lie down, and think about it. You are embarrassing yourself.

Oh now come on!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No, I'll spell it out for you.

WNW made the point that he specifically didn't like Gus being called ex-Chelsea as opposed to being called Brighton manager. I took up that point and expanded on it by including commentators talking about players and managers being 'ex- so-and-so...'

To me, I didn't read his original post as being about commentators generally nor about players generally; I took it at face value at took it to mean he was talking about Gus only, but felt he was still making that point (about players generally) 'inadvertently' or 'accidentally'.

Pointing out that someone 'accidentally' or 'inadvertently' making one point on the back of another isn't patronising. But then, I took it that you would have known that, so when your feeble attempt at sarcasm came back, I just assumed you were being a dick. Evidently not. It seems you really didn't get what I was on about after all.

Still nice of you to tell me and everyone else what I was thinking. I am so glad you're here to point it out, thank goodness.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, I'll spell it out for you.

WNW made the point that he specifically didn't like Gus being called ex-Chelsea as opposed to being called Brighton manager. I took up that point and expanded on it by including commentators talking about players and managers being 'ex- so-and-so...'

To me, I didn't read his original post as being about commentators generally nor about players generally; I took it at face value at took it to mean he was talking about Gus only, but felt he was still making that point (about players generally) 'inadvertently' or 'accidentally'.

Pointing out that someone 'accidentally' or 'inadvertently' making one point on the back of another isn't patronising. But then, I took it that you would have known that, so when your feeble attempt at sarcasm came back, I just assumed you were being a dick. Evidently not. It seems you really didn't get what I was on about after all.

Still nice of you to tell me and everyone else what I was thinking. I am so glad you're here to point it out, thank goodness.

Well now, if you were 'not patronising' earlier, you sure as hell are now...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
angerposter.jpg

My daughter is a bit young for this, but when she's three I'll talk her through it...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the cause of anger here is the inability to take a gentle but quite worthwhile joke on the chin.

I don't see that one on your diagram, Tooting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the cause of anger here is the inability to take a gentle but quite worthwhile joke on the chin.

I don't see that one on your diagram, Tooting.

No, it is there - bottom left...

Attachments

• diag.bmp
    442.3 KB · Views: 93

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is this all done? No "bollocks to the FDM" or somesuch? *puts flounceometer back in pocket*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here