Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Chelsea (SSN)

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Maybe Gus could be a bit more diplomatic, but actually one of the best things about him is that you always know he'll say exactly what he thinks - he's honest about what he wants (and what he wants isn't unreasonable) and treats everyone fairly. Much rather that than promising to stay forever only to disappear for a few extra quid in a month's time.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I would hazard a guess that Frank is the last thing our midfield needs.

And in all fairness to Frank I doubt he'd want to come as LB's understudy.

Can I ask. Do you actually think Frank Lampard, with three Premier League winners medals, three FA Cup winners medals and current international with 88 caps (22 goals) wouldn't play ahead of Liam Bridcutt - or were you joking?

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Can I ask. Do you actually think Frank Lampard, with three Premier League winners medals, three FA Cup winners medals and current international with 88 caps (22 goals) wouldn't play ahead of Liam Bridcutt - or were you joking?

Cripes...you're on a mission today aren't you! No he wouldn't play ahead of Bridcutt, cos its the wrong position. And it's a silly discussion about Lampard anyway!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Shit thread, shit comments, utter shit.

He is a Brighton and Hove Albion employee. He will obviously, given his success here, have a soft spot for Brighton in the future unless things go very sour for him, you would think. But because we gave him a job he has to be a lifelong loyal Brighton fan, despite having been at much bigger and more successful clubs than ours? He obviously would love to manage Chelsea one day so it is fair enough to pledge his allegiance to them.

Here is a shocker for some of you: they don't CARE about the Albion, they CARE about having a job. How many people here deeply CARE about their employer? You wouldn't walk around saying "Oh yes, I'm a huge Lloyds TSB fan" would you? Christ. Many Lloyds TSB employees will bank elsewhere, for whatever reason, and many Brighton players will not be Brighton fans.

It's like some of you are just big, naive children with no sense of reality.

Huh. Next you will be saying there is no Father Christmas.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now I wish I'd said Jeff Minton!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Its not unreasonable of him to talk about chelsea in the way he does, but it still hurts abit though. Its like having a girlfriend who is in love with someone else, but is settling for you, for now. She is thinking that this is nice, and we are both getting something out of it. You're thinking that you want to believe it will last forever, and maybe she will learn to love you...

The truth is, this is what happens when you love someone more than they love you.

We can be sad and say "we will never have a love like this again.", or we can grow some balls and say "hey, I got some good shags out of it to be fair."

Im not saying Gus is our girlfriend. But you know what I mean.

I hope he will be here for ever, but hey, I'm in love.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Its not unreasonable of him to talk about chelsea in the way he does, but it still hurts abit though. Its like having a girlfriend who is in love with someone else, but is settling for you, for now. She is thinking that this is nice, and we are both getting something out of it. You're thinking that you want to believe it will last forever, and maybe she will learn to love you...

The truth is, this is what happens when you love someone more than they love you.

We can be sad and say "we will never have a love like this again.", or we can grow some balls and say "hey, I got some good shags out of it to be fair."

Im not saying Gus is our girlfriend. But you know what I mean.

I hope he will be here for ever, but hey, I'm in love.

Ha ha, good post!

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Don't worry guys,I am sure next season when you face Chelsea in Premier League he will say:"We must beat this Chelsea bastards at all cost" haha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here