Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus on Chelsea (SSN)

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Gus been speaking on Sky Sports News (from today's press conference at the Amex) on Frank Lampard's future at the club and the victimisation of Chelsea.

Constantly referred to Chelsea as 'we' !!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well he had alot of Success at Chelsea , hard to knock him for calling them "we".

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Yeh i thought he did support chelsea! he always talks very strongly about them and thats a price we pay for a great manager! I dont hold it against him and accept that he will eventually move on to a huge club so im making the most of enjoying him today!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His love in with Chelsea pisses me off a bit but I accept that he is only here on loan. He is, however, doing a phenomenal job and there is no way he is gonna change his ambition to manage Chelsea, it's not like we only just found out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why on earth are sky journos allowed to ask irrelevant questions about other club - an Amex Press conference is NOT football focus - if they are not interested in bhafc they shouldn't be invited.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I dont know about that - who would you rather work for - Abramovitch or Bloom ???

I don't have any ambition to be involved in any way with Chelsea so that's a no brainer but if Gus got the chance I reckon he'd be gone before the end of today, so I guess he'd be quite happy working for Abramovich.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeh i thought he did support chelsea! he always talks very strongly about them and thats a price we pay for a great manager! I dont hold it against him and accept that he will eventually move on to a huge club so im making the most of enjoying him today!!
Yeah, I've seen an interview with him where he said that in England Chelsea are his team. Fair enough. People seem to forget that we're just his job, if the circumstances had been different he could have ended up at Ipswich, Cardiff, ... or even Southampton.

Didn't Craig Noone refer to Liverpool as 'we' as well?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think a manager should be a tad more diplomatic towards his employees out of respect for the fans. Dalglish made a great sidestep last Wednesday when asked about Brighton. I think Gus should learn to sometimes be on this level.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shit thread, shit comments, utter shit.

He is a Brighton and Hove Albion employee. He will obviously, given his success here, have a soft spot for Brighton in the future unless things go very sour for him, you would think. But because we gave him a job he has to be a lifelong loyal Brighton fan, despite having been at much bigger and more successful clubs than ours? He obviously would love to manage Chelsea one day so it is fair enough to pledge his allegiance to them.

Here is a shocker for some of you: they don't CARE about the Albion, they CARE about having a job. How many people here deeply CARE about their employer? You wouldn't walk around saying "Oh yes, I'm a huge Lloyds TSB fan" would you? Christ. Many Lloyds TSB employees will bank elsewhere, for whatever reason, and many Brighton players will not be Brighton fans.

It's like some of you are just big, naive children with no sense of reality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe he will take fat Frank off there hands for the rest of the season on loan.
I would hazard a guess that Frank is the last thing our midfield needs.

And in all fairness to Frank I doubt he'd want to come as LB's understudy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
odd double post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here