Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus looked a bit mad after the match

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Can't believe some of the comments. It wasn't unlucky that we lost, but was certainly unlucky the margin we lost by.

There is a reason Liverpool players are worth 10's of millions. And a reason why ours are not.

The whole team had a bad day, even Buckley was being constantly dispossessed. A championship quality team got beaten by a world class team. I've forgotten about it, and look forward to the rest of the season!

ffs this was liverpool and they only scored three ... bring on hull !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You miss the point. Nobody cares we lost, or even by how many. Its the soft "glad to be here", snivelling, grovelling, lets all have a hug attitude that is not acceptable. Extra training and confiscate the shirts to sell them for charity. We want hard bitten professionals not that sort of attitude.

Erm u mean u want?.....and of course people care...I'm running all 6 goals through my head as I watch upstairs downstairs..(not a patch on the original) ...but to get all hung up about shirt swapping etc is madness ...I bet tht the lot tht played today will b hurting ...and given the chance will want to put it right on Wednesday ...so get over this macho attitude thing and move on lol

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

navarro didnt do a lot today.

that leeds game seems so long ago now doesnt it... when he was the hero of the day remember...

premier league players are at that level because they are so consistent. a lot of players can turn it on for one game. expect the inconsistent players to be out during the summer.

Feb 14, 2010
er yes, sorry, I want hard bitten professionals, not players that are just pleased to turn up and bag a shirt. Sorry, assume you don't and you just enjoy being humiliated on national tv. There you go, that's the difference between you and the Brian Clough's of this world.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
er yes, sorry, I want hard bitten professionals, not players that are just pleased to turn up and bag a shirt. Sorry, assume you don't and you just enjoy being humiliated on national tv. There you go, that's the difference between you and the Brian Clough's of this world.

Lol..u talk as though there is only one successful style of management ....hmmm interesting

Feb 14, 2010
Lol..u talk as though there is only one successful style of management ....hmmm interesting

Not at all, but there is a common thread, a desire to win, that means you are not just pleased to turn up and swap a shirt. Dont get me wrong, I am all for the Barca model as you will know given you follow me so closely.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
er yes, sorry, I want hard bitten professionals, not players that are just pleased to turn up and bag a shirt.

No offence, but can you change the record? You've started a whole thread on this subject and now repeated your opinion three times on this one. You're entitled to that opinion, of course, but we've heard it already.

The players didn't show Liverpool anything like the respect that they did in September (when I remember them being content to sit back and spectate for most of the first half). They were properly outclassed today and didn't get any luck. But I didn't see anything to make me think that they weren't trying to win.

Feb 14, 2010
No offence, but can you change the record? You've started a whole thread on this subject and now repeated your opinion three times on this one. You're entitled to that opinion, of course, but we've heard it already.

The players didn't show Liverpool anything like the respect that they did in September (when I remember them being content to sit back and spectate for most of the first half). They were properly outclassed today and didn't get any luck. But I didn't see anything to make me think that they weren't trying to win.

I think I will say what I want, when I want and to how many people that i want to say it too if that is OK with you?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Saw the after match interview. He was smiling but you could see that was through gritted teeth. Said there will be quite a few changes next week and he has lots of options. Think there will have been a couple of words uttered after the match.

was greer asleep when the ball was hoofed passed him as he walked back into his own half just before dunks goal,fcuking looked like it

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Won't have done his chances of getting the Spurs job when Harry goes a lot of good.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Back to the original point, it's hardly surprising that Gus looked a bit annoyed.

We got tonked good and proper today. If we could have snuck in 1-1 at halftime it may (and it's a big may) of made a bit of difference but at 2-1 Liverpool came out in the second half and brushed us aside.

No manager, or player for that matter, would have any other reaction other than being pissed off.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Don't get mad, get even

Good on Gus! I didn't get mad until a few hours after !

They say, don't get mad, get even. But that is gonna take some doing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here