Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus/Leeds

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In yesterday's Arsegas Naylor seemed to think Leeds represent the main threat to Gus leaving us in the future. If their season continues to be patchy and Grayson gets the boot I can't see them looking at anyone else but GP. As much it pains me to say it "Come on you Leeds!"

Then again, having tasted life on the English Riviera Gus hopefully won't fancy a return to the grim north and will take us all the way to the Prem.

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Gus did not have a fall out with Bates then?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In yesterday's Arsegas Naylor seemed to think Leeds represent the main threat to Gus leaving us in the future. If their season continues to be patchy and Grayson gets the boot I can't see them looking at anyone else but GP. As much it pains me to say it "Come on you Leeds!"

Then again, having tasted life on the English Riviera Gus hopefully won't fancy a return to the grim north and will take us all the way to the Prem.

:thumbsup:

Is Gus managing Torquay as well on the quiet? That man is a TALENT!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
More likely scenario:
May 2012: Albion lose at Wembley in Championship Play Off.
June 2012: England exit Euro Champs at quarter final stage.
Capello steps down (already confirmed).
Redkapp appointed England manager.
Poyet appointed as Spurs boss.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For 1,000,000th time,

HARRY REDKNAPP WILL NEVER BE ENGLAND MANAGER.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
More likely scenario:
May 2012: Albion lose at Wembley in Championship Play Off.
June 2012: England exit Euro Champs at quarter final stage.
Capello steps down (already confirmed).
Redkapp appointed England manager.
Poyet appointed as Spurs boss.

More likely scenario:

We win 19-0 tomorrow
I win £10million on the lottery
I then sign for Real Madrid

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Let's not under sell what a prospect we are now, yes Leeds were a big club, yes so were Southampton, Portsmouth and all the "other" clubs that crop up from time-to-time but they are on there way down or have had their time we are the awakening "sleeping giant", the club with a massive future, a huge, as yet untapped additional fan base and are going to be in the Premiership in the next four years.

Seagulls!!

P.S. Harry Redknapp can NEVEr become England manager, as much as i'd love him to there's too much history and smear against him.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought he went to Hartlepool AGES ago?!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gus loves the seaside. It's Montevideo-mungus. He said so. Okay, so Buenos Aires isn't a three-hour ferry ride away but there's always Dieppe. Dirty Leeds can f**k right off.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Living in Leeds, I keep my ear on whats happening. Leeds are inconsistent at the moment, but apaprt from the usual grumbles, I think most Leeds fans ae happy with Grayson. Its Bates and his unwillingness to spend that they are really unhappy with.

Leeds will strengthen in January, which will see them safe midtable wise.

Even if they struggle I doubt Bates will go for Poyet. Bates is a very stubborn man. Remember both Wise and Poyet walked out on him and I do think he holds grudges. Plus, both Wise and Poyet didn't keep Leeds in the championship. I apprecaite that there were mitigating circumstances that both Wise and Poyet could point to, but that would also play on Bates mind.

Poyet hasn't won anything yet as a manager, his CV his bare. Only when Brighton are promoted and if they are doing ok in Championship will another club really pose a threat in taking Poyet away from us.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here