Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus isnt superstitious , every one except Dicker is ok

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Here's hoping Gus chooses Reyes to fill that role, rather than Sparrow or Harley.

Agreed, Reyes looks like he can control and pass well, probably better then Dicker himself. And also with a bit of battle about him rather than Harley who doesn't look up for the fight and Sparrow who has been good of late but is far too inconsistant.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I dont think there's many people who doubt his ability it's just his lack of consistancy thats been his main problem, Once he sorts that out he'll progress better as a player.

This season Dicker has shown glimpses of brillance at this level and picked a pass or made an important tackle, unfortuantly he's also been caught in possession or been too slow to spot the pass as well. He's got the ability he just needs to bring it every game, he's not the only one though. I hope that he comes back after this injury raring to go and steps up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This season Dicker has shown glimpses of brillance at this level and picked a pass or made an important tackle, unfortuantly he's also been caught in possession or been too slow to spot the pass as well. He's got the ability he just needs to bring it every game, he's not the only one though. I hope that he comes back after this injury raring to go and steps up.

First 15 mins against West Ham he looked excellent, really sparky.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
First 15 mins against West Ham he looked excellent, really sparky.

I thought up until the injury it was his best game so far this season.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Unfortunately, there are constantly LOADS of "Dicker isn't upto it at this level" comments. I have no doubt they are in the minority, but as always they are the vocal minority. Just annoys me that there always has to be someone that people constantly witch-hunt, whether it's Dicker, Barnes, Davies, Martot etc etc. There are more closed-minds on here than at a BNP conference.

very true, used to be bearable at withdean but now there's been an increase in people coming to games there's idiots turning up in there 100's slating dicker and barnes and other players that aided us into getting into the championship.... but to be honest the idiots are more then worth putting up with due to the sheer greatness of our stadium!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just heard that Vicente is back in Spain and injured.

But hey, not all doom and gloom as Tommy Elphick is only 3 days away from resuming training now according to your expert reporting last week.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
i rate dicker alot, he has found the jump up a division difficult and DOES lack pace but he is an excellent passer of the ball (98% of the time) and has a very good football brain, his mistakes are noticed but hes never noticed for the good passes. Good player but YES should be better and in time he will!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Players like Carpenter, Dicker or Navarro are rarely going to catch the headlines but tend too have three or four promotions in a fifteen year career.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Who is the guy that opens the questioning and keeps calling Vicente "ViNCHente"?
Is that Andy Naylor?

Whoever it is can someone please tell him the correct way to say Vicente.

D

Deleted User X18H

Who is the guy that opens the questioning and keeps calling Vicente "ViNCHente"?
Is that Andy Naylor?

Whoever it is can someone please tell him the correct way to say Vicente.

Don't know! But I asked Marco Painter for his thoughts on Ian Nolan!! Just managed to amend it to Kevin before looking a complete fool. Although that is a matter of opinion.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I thought up until the injury it was his best game so far this season.
Agree. He was getting forward plenty more than he usually does as well (in 2nd half anyway) - very rarely is he our most advanced midfielder. He has the ability to be decent at this level, it'll take more than the semi-disappointing opening couple of months to the season to make me think otherwise. But he needs to improve his speed of thought and his awareness when receiving the ball in tight areas - in order to compensate for his lack of speed/immobility. Just hope he's not too out of the frame by the time he's fully recovered.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Don't know! But I asked Marco Painter for his thoughts on Ian Nolan!! Just managed to amend it to Kevin before looking a complete fool. Although that is a matter of opinion.

Well it wasnt you, your questioning was good. It must be Naylor, he asked Gus about news on any new additions from the start. I'm sure its Naylor, why can't he say Vicente instead of ViCHete? Vicente isn't Italian, and Gus never corrects him.

D

Deleted User X18H

Well it wasnt you, your questioning was good. It must be Naylor, he asked Gus about news on any new additions from the start. I'm sure its Naylor, why can't he say Vicente instead of ViCHete? Vicente isn't Italian, and Gus never corrects him.

Oh ta. Yes Mr Naylor ALWAYS starts.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I am fairly sure it's Bee-then-te.

A Spanish lady at work corrected my pronunciation of it, while exuding total disbelief that he had signed for Brighton. She phoned her husband as she was so surprised, he too was shocked.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think NSC are doing the classic thing of changing their tunes on a kneejerk reaction. We will miss Dicker, but we have to face that he hasn't had a brilliant season. Flashes of brilliance yes, and he does understand the way we play football, but he has evidently found the step up difficult. He was one of the main factors to why we couldn't turn it around against Palace; he'd mop up the ball from defence but misplace a pass on the break straight back to a Palace player. Don't get me wrong, I like Gary, but he hasn't had a brilliant season at all so far. When it's going right, he's good, when it's going badly, he hasn't been the sort of player to turn it around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here