Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus in dicks bar waiting for sky sports news to announce our new signings

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
While my ship is in Europe, we get SSN. f*** me it is hard work watching & waiting. They've just shown the evening presenter, (Jim White) entering the building FFS!!!!

What about announcing some f***ing news about BRIGHTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw, I too have done diddly squat all day).

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It was definitely only a number one for Tanno. Gus then relayed the latest news from Sky Sports back to Tanno - the only word I understood was Scott Parker!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
So is there any spies down the Amex keeping us informed with any movements,,,is Tanno out of the shithouse yet?

I'm currently in the cubicle next to tanno (cock in hand) i think he needs more fibre in his diet as he's been there some time, possibly had a curry last night by the smell of it. Gus is stroking beckhams face trying to convince him his hair looks good enough for the cameras, Oatway is talking to Owen about 'orses and telling stories about breaking into the blue peter garden and Bloom is just standing there faning everyone with 50 pound notes.... I think i may have just cum.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
While my ship is in Europe, we get SSN. f*** me it is hard work watching & waiting. They've just shown the evening presenter, (Jim White) entering the building FFS!!!!

What about announcing some f***ing news about BRIGHTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw, I too have done diddly squat all day).

no change there then Smith :rolleyes:
you ok skin?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While we're waiting for Gus to announce our signings, is it me being thick or why would you buy a player and then loan him out straight away ?? ?? ??

Villyan Bijev [California Odyssey - Liverpool] Undisclosed
Villyan Bijev [Liverpool - Fortuna Dusseldorf] Loan

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
While we're waiting for Gus to announce our signings, is it me being thick or why would you buy a player and then loan him out straight away ?? ?? ??

Because he's not ready for first team action and would be better off playing regular football elsewhere. But he has enough about him to show Liverpool that he is worth a gamble on

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Swansea did that with Ryan Harley last year

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It's usually a work permit thing. If a non EU player doesn't have a sufficient number of international caps he's not eligible for a UK work permit under our employment legislation. So they buy him as one for the future and then loan him immediately to another EU side in a country with less strict work permit requirements, allowing him to gain experience and international caps, then he comes back next season able to play.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bijev has a Bulgarian passport so work permit not an issue. He's just a youngster, so Liverpool presumably loaning him out as he'll be nowhere near their first team this season. This buy someone and loan them straight out thing is quite common for younger players. Clubs usually wait a few days/weeks, admittedly, but with it being deadline day they didn't have that option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here