Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus fcuked up tonight

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
What do you going to do then? A stiff letter to TB warning him of the perils of Uruguayan arrogance running riot at Albion HQ?!

Good idea. Seeing as though TB gave me his personal email when we were chatting at the Aussie Millions poker earlier this year, I just might do that. :smile:

And I have made half a dozen posts on the past two games. Just loving the fact we are able to see a few games out here.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Good idea. Seeing as though TB gave me his personal email when we were chatting at the Aussie Millions poker earlier this year, I just might do that. :smile:

And I have made half a dozen posts on the past two games. Just loving the fact we are able to see a few games out here.

Bloody wow.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Bottom line is for whatever reason we struggle to close a game out when we have a narrow lead, not sure why or what we need to do or what we shouldnt do, maybe it's just concentration in the last 4 or 5 mins of the game. It's probably just the fact we are playing at a higher level now and any mistakes late on tend to be punished. Frustrating last night but at half time I'd definitely taken a draw so not the end of the world.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
we drew the game because we gave the ball to Leeds in the final two minutes of added time too much.
Leeds showed us at the end of the first half how to keep possession - that is what we should
have done. btw - where did 4 mins added time come from ffs?

But hey - it could have been a lot worse and I think we looked tired and sluggish in the
first half.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we were shit in the first half half , leeds played very high up the pitch and pressured the f*** out of us......first goal comedy defence second goal pure brilliance although cas was so close to getting it.....cms looked pants in the first half and not a lot went right , everyones first touch and delivery seemed lacking ......H/T no doubt a right rocket from G-man and a reminder of how we are supposed to be playing , lo and behold 30 minutes of pure domination , we ran them ragged........ if Barnsey had made a meal of being shoved in the back and ending up going skating across the concrete border and landing on his coccyx like a sack of shit , the offender would probably got a yellow and us a free kick.......there was a lot of niggley shirt pulling and shoving in the back from leeds players , we dont have that cynicism in our game ,call it naivety or lacking a football brain , all in all i think the draw was the right result , hopefully the guys will have learnt a lot from it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rubbish

Leeds third could have been stopped very easily. Barnes was in trouble, all Ankergran needed to do was kick the ball into touch, Barnes could have got treatment and we could have closed the game out. However, he kicked the ball straight to their keeper and 5 seconds later the scored

I watched all that in a state of disbelief. As Ankergan punted the ball straight down the park to their keeper while one of our players has a knock with 2mins of injury time left, I just watched the ball sail through the sky with a state of surreal amazement, what was he thinking? We were still on the edge of our box, and their keeper punts it straight back. It was an incredibly naive moment.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I watched all that in a state of disbelief. As Ankergan punted the ball straight down the park to their keeper while one of our players has a knock with 2mins of injury time left, I just watched the ball sail through the sky with a state of surreal amazement, what was he thinking? We were still on the edge of our box, and their keeper punts it straight back. It was an incredibly naive moment.

This, I was spitting bullets when Ankers did that, dead cert it was coming straight back and IMHO, that clearence cost us 2 points

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Rubbish

Leeds third could have been stopped very easily. Barnes was in trouble, all Ankergran needed to do was kick the ball into touch, Barnes could have got treatment and we could have closed the game out. However, he kicked the ball straight to their keeper and 5 seconds later the scored

I agree the tactics were not right in the first half but Gus sorted this at half time and we came back brilliantly. Gaz has got it right. Naive by Casper, very naive. Tut.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Geez. Casper made a mistake, and we got punished. It was naive and clumsy, but hardly terminal. Yes, it was slightly frustrating to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory, but come on, we're 3rd in the Championship with 17 points from 8 games challenging for the Premiership. I for one,would take that all year long..

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Geez. Casper made a mistake, and we got punished. It was naive and clumsy, but hardly terminal. Yes, it was slightly frustrating to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory, but come on, we're 3rd in the Championship with 17 points from 8 games challenging for the Premiership. I for one,would take that all year long..

Quite right.
:albion2::albion2::clap::clap2::albion2::albion2:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Sorry mate not fishing i worship Gus and Tony , but why bring off an attacking player and bring on a acold defending player with minutes left in the game when your attacking team is ahead, i could understand if we were behind but we were not,Gus fcuked up he knows it, i hope he learns from it:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Think about what you are saying. We were wining with a few minutes left, Gus tried to shore us up by introducing a defender. What would be the point of putting a defender on at that time if we were losing? Gus could not foresee that Ankergren would balls up like he did.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No Casper cost us the game

if barnes had gone down like a sack of shit when shoved off the pitch we would have ridden the clock olut probably .........very harsh on casper i think ...have any of you lot played in goal in the championship btw...??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here