Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus fcuked up tonight

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Gus had won us the game tonight with his early 2nd half substitutions, he then lost us the game by taking Smithy(Smudger) off and replacing him with a defender in extra time.what was he thinking of , he created this team that knows the best form of defence is attack ,please do not do this against palarse gus we need the points,you cannot get complacent when we only have a 1 goal lead ,the players are entitled to give you the hair dryer treatment tonight:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolutely, Gus is a complete twat and knows nothing about football however you are a ****

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rubbish

Leeds third could have been stopped very easily. Barnes was in trouble, all Ankergran needed to do was kick the ball into touch, Barnes could have got treatment and we could have closed the game out. However, he kicked the ball straight to their keeper and 5 seconds later the scored

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
the opening poster is the biggest c u n t ever to post on north stand chat......hope you were not at the game and a real brighton fan was

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Sorry mate not fishing i worship Gus and Tony , but why bring off an attacking player and bring on a acold defending player with minutes left in the game when your attacking team is ahead, i could understand if we were behind but we were not,Gus fcuked up he knows it, i hope he learns from it:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry mate not fishing i worship Gus and Tony , but why bring off an attacking player and bring on a acold defending player with minutes left in the game when your attacking team is ahead, i could understand if we were behind but we were not,Gus fcuked up he knows it, i hope he learns from it:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

So are you a football manager with all you nuggets of wisdom on knowing what to do ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Always a negative move in my book,play the way you have been,ok if your drawing,that said,no blame at GP's door.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
very frustrating game to watch , so much wrong with the way we played tonight but also a lot right with it as well probably a fair result overall but the three points would have been good.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
So are you a football manager with all you nuggets of wisdom on knowing what to do ?

Gus has more knowledge in his little finger about football than i have in my hole body, but he still made a mistake taking smudger off tonight and replacing him with a defender, that cost us the game

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gus has more knowledge in his little finger about football than i have in my hole body, but he still made a mistake taking smudger off tonight and replacing him with a defender, that cost us the game

It didn't cost us the game because we didn't lose the game.

If Poyet had kept CMS on and hadn't replaced him with Vincelot, the likes of you would have complained that Poyet 'cost us the game' by not protecting our lead with an extra defender.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Hold on, you are saying you'd understand it if we took off an attacker and brought on a defender 'if we were behind'? Crazy logic.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Gus did not f*** up tonight. But we are shit at "shutting up shop." The three times we have been a head and gone defensive
it has cost us. Blackpool, Tonight and Pompey away when we conceeded a penalty (luckily missed). I hate it when we try and go defensive.
Gus actually said after the Bristol game he was going to go defensive when we went one up, but did not because things were going to well.
I think he could have done the same tonight when we finally got ahead.
Think Smudgers reaction after final whistle said that to.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
If Poyet had kept CMS on and hadn't replaced him with Vincelot, the likes of you would have complained that Poyet 'cost us the game' by not protecting our lead with an extra defender.

Which is what he did 5 minutes earlier and I am going to complain about it.

This was the second time Gus has taken a midfielder off and put Hoskins on when we were defending a lead. Both times we have conceded a goal.

I'm sorry, but that needs to stop. There's a fine line between being true to your beliefs and being arrogant, and Gus is on the wrong side here.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Which is what he did 5 minutes earlier and I am going to complain about it.

This was the second time Gus has taken a midfielder off and put Hoskins on when we were defending a lead. Both times we have conceded a goal.

I'm sorry, but that needs to stop. There's a fine line between being true to your beliefs and being arrogant, and Gus is on the wrong side here.

What do you going to do then? A stiff letter to TB warning him of the perils of Uruguayan arrogance running riot at Albion HQ?!

Best you stick to watching Aussie Rules if the above 'contribution' is the sum total of your critique on our last 2 games. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here