Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus' dealings in the January transfer window

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
for me its keeping hold of our players in jan therir will be some bigger teams looking at the likes of bennett

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The priority has to be keeping LuaLua for the season. If we can't we need another pacey left winger. After that I'd say we could do with one more striker, and if we're being greedy a versatile defender.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Agdestein must have something about him otherwise he would still be in Norway. For him to not make it on the bench against Woking or even feature seems a little bit wrong. Gary Hart is not a striker, Baz has been put up there, but looks more of a midfielder, so why not put a striker up front. He was on the bench against Exeter, so why not play against a non-league team?

Agdestein was only on the bench against Exeter because Harty was ill. He's not ready for first team action yet and Harty is ahead of him in the pecking order. We certainly need another striker in either on loan or permanent in the near future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the current squad, the only signing we NEED is a striker. And thats where the money should go on a quality striker to partner Barnes.

QUOTE]

What absolute rubbish. most of Barnes chances have come through the presence of Murray putting the defenders under pressure. What we need is a striker who can either partner Murray and alternate with Barnes in the side or on the bench depending on who is most on form.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Holroyd will be back, brimming and eager for game time and goals. I reckon if he plays to his best there is no reason he can't be adequate cover for Barnes and Murray.

LuaLua, if not able to come back for the remainder of the season, may be an issue, and one that we may not need to buy for. We don't play him in away matches, and win them, but a decent left midfielder would be nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Holroyd will be back, brimming and eager for game time and goals. I reckon if he plays to his best there is no reason he can't be adequate cover for Barnes and Murray.

That one has been done to death. I dont expect to see him p[laying for us again especially if we are challenging for promotion. I think that Stevenage will put in a bid for him in January and hopefully we will be able to accept it.

We need a young premier ship reserve to do for us what Defoe did when he went to Bournemouth.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
That one has been done to death. I dont expect to see him p[laying for us again especially if we are challenging for promotion. I think that Stevenage will put in a bid for him in January and hopefully we will be able to accept it.

We need a young premier ship reserve to do for us what Defoe did when he went to Bournemouth.

No hope :,( But in all honesty I agree with you. Thinking about it, depending on whether Holroyd storms the reserve games or whatever, he probably won't get much game time :/

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just a winger for me, plus hold onto everyone. If Painter goes down, grab a loan or play Kish there.

We have 2 and a half starting keepers plus a promising youngster, maybe one needs to at least go out on loan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here