Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus close to signing 4 year deal and cools down Swansea speculation

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Not really but I get the impression that Gus doesn't like giving out specifics when it comes to signings of any sort until it's a done deal. I am sure he knows he will sign soon enough so it doesn't seem such an issue to him. Now we are a club on the up we'll have to get used to speculation of players and Managers alike on a regular basis. :amex:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As we've already seen, Gus's agent is not above a bit of tactical linkage to other jobs come contract time. Doesn't mean he's not happy or anything, just that it's a game, and he's playing it.

You'll notice even the quote says it is "practically impossible" he would go to Swansea. That is not the same as "impossible".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gus.

*If* you are going to Swansea then please sign the contract first and then they have to pay more in compensation.

Ta

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
As we've already seen, Gus's agent is not above a bit of tactical linkage to other jobs come contract time. Doesn't mean he's not happy or anything, just that it's a game, and he's playing it.

You'll notice even the quote says it is "practically impossible" he would go to Swansea. That is not the same as "impossible".

I was re-reading that statement. I think he means it to say and read as:

'Practically, it is impossible for me to go to Swansea', as I have just got a house kids are in a new school Blah blah blah. I might be wrong, its just how my mind has translated his English!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was re-reading that statement. I think he means it to say and read as:

'Practically, it is impossible for me to go to Swansea', as I have just got a house kids are in a new school Blah blah blah. I might be wrong, its just how my mind has translated his English!

Fair point, that could be it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Am i the only suprised this thread hasnt turned into a binfest ?
After the hundreds of people whingeing about " why hasnt Gus signed etc" i thought people would be all over it...

Now i know its not actually signed yet...but still...i thought it would kick right off

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I wonder how much impact the whole Calderon tea dance had in this. Poyet clearly learnt that stating facts and using absolute terms is perhaps not always the best approach in this game.

I wonder if he is now slightly more circumpect in anything that is said to the press etc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I would say it is practically impossible, I am very close to signing a four-year deal here and everything is agreed."

Could equally read: "You betta fackin hurry ap then you Swansea ay, eef you wanting maka meyan da offa innit"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here