Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus' best signing?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Cannot split these three. Buckley/Bridcutt/Kusczcak I am discounting Vicente as he has had a broken toenail for 6 months

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
With this board having a number of Gus' inability to sign a striker binfests, shall we give him some credit? Who do you think is his best signing?
Me personally it has to be tomasz kuszczak on a free. Should be playing in the premier league yet we sign him on a free. Great bit of business!

Good thread.
IMO Gus has made 4 or 5 acquisitions of equal quality.
Buckley. £1m? A snip at twice the price. Fast becoming an Albion favourite
Bridge How the feck did he pull that one out the bag? International quality by a mile and Man City paying for 90% of his wages!
Vicente / Bruno Flairmeisters with Championship winning pedigree
Kushy Best Albion keeper I've seen and has rescued many points for us
Bridders Unheralded and hugely underrated

If pushed, I'd say Bridge

Oct 25, 2003
bridcutt for free was incredible, how he was without a club i'll never know

calderon at the time as well, i think he was poyet's first signing? again, without a club for a while but he was a class above in the team that poyet inherited

PiG, a brilliant signing for free, especially after what we went through with keepers last season

kishichev...so dependable in our title winning season, also got the impression that he helped a lot of the younger players as well- including bridcutt. his experience was invaluable

buckley- £1m seemed a lot at the time, not now

bridge on loan....brilliant coup to get him down here

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckley, quite a bit ahead of all the others. Kuszczak second.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene

Loads of people slag Gus off..

But look at who he has signed and got on loan,,,,
Bloody Wayne bridge who thought that, Vicente wow, we have a great team thanks to Gus.. :albion2:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It would either be Buckley or Bridcutt - but because Will cost £1 Million (which I bet Watford think was a stupid amount to sell for now) - it has to be Bridcutt.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Despite recent criticism by some I think Gordon Greer deserves an honourable mention.
Greer is certainly one of the best. We went up as Champions while Swindon got relegated says it all.

Bridcutt is the best signing to date though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You'll all change your minds when Gus unveils Falcao in January.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah Vicente for me,,,,,,8 grand a week well spent, that providing he doesn't play of course, then it's more....What a coup.

You see this is why people think you're a knob. Even on a thread specifically to discuss good signings, you still can't help but be incessantly, relentlessly negative. You're literally the most miserable individual on here, you must be a f***ing riot at parties.

"Isn't this great!? The Rolling Stones are playing, we've got a free bar and incredible food by a Michelin starred chef, how amazing!"
"Yeah but the lingerie models handing out vol au vents could step on it a bit, STOP LINGERING YOU LAZY BITCHES!!!"

:wanker:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Kuszak
Bruno Greer Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts Orlandi
Dobbie
CMS Hoskins

Lua Lua, Vicente, Hammond, Ankergren, Kishishev

NOT BAD!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports