Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus' best signing?

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
With this board having a number of Gus' inability to sign a striker binfests, shall we give him some credit? Who do you think is his best signing?
Me personally it has to be tomasz kuszczak on a free. Should be playing in the premier league yet we sign him on a free. Great bit of business!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Liam Bridcutt.

Premier League quality player. Cost nothing.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Vicente

International quality player. Cost nothing.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
The horse.

Sandaza_2835381.jpg

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
With this board having a number of Gus' inability to sign a striker binfests, shall we give him some credit? Who do you think is his best signing?
Me personally it has to be tomasz kuszczak on a free. Should be playing in the premier league yet we sign him on a free. Great bit of business!

For me too, Quite a few times i said how did he save that and so nice to see a pair of safe hands when corners and crosses come in, the only fault sometimes playing the long ball when we don't need too and some times taking to long to release the ball on a counter attack.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Liam Bridcutt.

Premier League quality player. Cost nothing.

Bridcutt will probably end up being his best signing as he is top class. But with koosh he played for Manchester United in the champions league and is/was a full international. Must of been harder to get him sign on the dotted line

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
And Buckley. And Bruno. Kish, Lua Lua etc.

He's made loads of great signings, the sorts of players that we had no real right to expect. And will continue to do so.

Dec 29, 2011
And Buckley. And Bruno. Kish, Lua Lua etc.

He's made loads of great signings, the sorts of players that we had no real right to expect. And will continue to do so.

Lua Lua is debatable, £1m and was already highly rated, hardly 'spotted a talent'. Bridcutt on the other hand...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Our best player by a country mile

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Bridcutt by a country mile .What worries me is that we would'nt have signed him if Navs had'nt got injured. Although a lot of people on here don't like Ray Wilkins at least he was the one who recommended him. I wonder if Gus should try and use his contacts nearer home rather than going for people that speak his language. Although he has brought in some flair, we need a few more class players in the english mould ike Bridcutt if we are going to get promoted.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lua Lua is debatable, £1m and was already highly rated, hardly 'spotted a talent'. Bridcutt on the other hand...

I meant when he got him in on loan in League 1 - he was pretty untried then and he ripped teams apart. Agree about Bridcutt, superb signing whose development was helped enormously by Kish, another great signing.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bridcutt is the best comfortably. Kuszczak isn't as good as he's being built as being, easily our best goalie but hardly the best in the league. Top 5, but very difficult to make a case for him as the best considering his kicking.

Bruno is an incredible signing, as was Vicente. Poyet has just begun... We're in for a lot of treats if given the time.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Bridcutt & Kuszczak.

I love Gus and what he has done for the Club however I did think, with his contacts & style of playing, that we would attract a few decent young up and coming loanees from Prem clubs. The two lads from Man City shone for a few games then disappeared.

Dec 29, 2011
I meant when he got him in on loan in League 1 - he was pretty untried then and he ripped teams apart. Agree about Bridcutt, superb signing whose development was helped enormously by Kish, another great signing.

True, Lua Lua coming to Brighton was great at the time

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
A bit harsh.. Razak fell out with Gus and had to go and Assulin wasn't anything special, made a good few runs but had little end product.

It wasn't meant as a criticism of Gus - but I thought we may have had a few more of their like on loan. Maybe our wage structure makes it difficult to sign Prem starlets looking for gametime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here