Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus and the out of contract players

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus was interviewed on the radio yesterday and he was asked about players whose contracts are exiring this season (and I think there are a lot of them). He made it very clear that his discussions have been delayed by not knowing what division we'll be playing in next season. But I think he also suggested that this was a game where some of those players would have their chance to show him if they would be up to it. So we might now see some players signing new deals.

Not sure Gus can wait much longer because once the transfer window closes I think players at the end of their contracts are allowed to talk to other clubs.

Couldn't make it to the game, but it sounds from player ratings that no one did their chances of being given a new contract any harm.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Anyone know, off the top of their head, which players are out of contract this summer? We need to sign Bridcutt up.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Murray
Poke
2 Argies
Bridcutt
Fran
Kish
Nav
Smith

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'd think that we should be keeping Murray, Bridcutt, Navarro, Smith and Dicker for certain.
Possibilities with Poke, Sandaza & Kish.
Not interested in Baz & Battipiedi.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Murray and Bridcutt have done enough to warrant contracts. Kish will get one if he wants to keep playing I guess. Navarro is a dead cert I would think as is Dicker.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Poke will go as will Fran as he has not shown enough to warrant even a Cup start. Holroyd also out along with the two Argies and OGH (finally)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kish is retiring anyway and he wouldn't have the legs for it if we go up.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Seriously - you'd let Nav go?

Nav has never played at championship level, hes 33 years old and i see Bridcutt has a better player and passer of the ball. its a tough call i accept but i think the championship is above him.. plus we dont know if he will come back the same player

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Nav has never played at championship level, hes 33 years old and i see Bridcutt has a better player and passer of the ball. its a tough call i accept but i think the championship is above him.. plus we dont know if he will come back the same player

Nav's 29... Bridcutt will take the DM position next season but with Kish retiring we will need Nav in the squad too

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;3940132 said:
Nav's 29... Bridcutt will take the DM position next season but with Kish retiring we will need Nav in the squad too

apologises he is 29 i thought he was older.. still i woudnt offer him a deal.. i do rate him but hes a league one player

shame about kish would love to keep him for another year

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Can only see 3 at the most of that lot being offered contracts. Murray, Bridcutt & Dicker, Navarro at a push.

Other thing is Poyet might be one of those managers that likes to sign them as late as possible to keep them sharp. Sort the contract too early and they might get sloppy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here