Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gulls eye covers 91-94

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My favourite wasn't a cartoon (sorry!), it was the one with a photo of a famous night at Selhurst Park, captioned

Cantona Attacks Palace Fan

Vive La France!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
My favourite wasn't a cartoon (sorry!), it was the one with a photo of a famous night at Selhurst Park, captioned

Cantona Attacks Palace Fan

Vive La France!

Gulls Eye No. 76!

Attachments

• GE76.jpg
    GE76.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,448

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

dik

Oct 11, 2003
Oxford
AWESOME!!! thanks guys, I forgot most of these and I drew the buggers. Was always late getting them in, and feel sorry for Ian as he always had to call me at work wondering where the bloody cartoon was.

dik

Oct 11, 2003
Oxford
hi, if you got a digital camera you could just take a photos of the covers. The ones I'm interested in are a cartoon about playing in the car park of the new megastore that was going to built. The pie in sky one about the ridiculous new plans for a ground and the waterhall "area of of outstanding natural beauty" cartoon. ta

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
hi, if you got a digital camera you could just take a photos of the covers. The ones I'm interested in are a cartoon about playing in the car park of the new megastore that was going to built. The pie in sky one about the ridiculous new plans for a ground and the waterhall "area of of outstanding natural beauty" cartoon. ta

The Waterhall one was my favourite. When was that one ?

Bobbys boot

Jan 25, 2013
The postcard shop couple of doors up from the town centre club shop had a few mixed in with the programmes last time I was in there , worth a try .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Dik great memories, it's hard to believe that it's 25 years this year since GE first hit the streets. Going to have a reunion so will get in touch, also trying to get hold of your predecessor Shaun who was the original cartoonist.
So if anyone knows where he is pm me please.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I've never heard of Shaun, but after the very first issue I was Gulls Eyes cartoonist. I'd already drawn Goldstone Gaz when issue 1 came out and sent it off. I met up with Ian and Pete in the Swiss Cottage and they loved it. However, they made me tone down the language. I too struggled to meet their deadlines, dropping the artwork off to H.D.Tribe in Shoreham. I had to give it up when I moved to Green Street to go to college. The truth behind the Lockerbie Lloyd pic is - me and my mate Paul (though no great fans of Terrorism and the loss of innocent lives, either then or now) came up with the idea after the bombing, pissed in the Duke of York at about 3 in the morning. We finished laughing in time for me to hand it over that very morning. I was quite happy with it until my mum shouted 'Sam what have you been up to now?' It was on BBC breakfast news and in every national paper. I bit rich that I'd upset the whole country as Gulls Eyes print run was little more than a thousand, thanks too the media everyone had heard the joke. I felt really bad for Ian and Pete when the club pulled out of the Christmas do, but they were great about it and just made up the 'we'd already printed it' story to cover my back and reckoned that the club were hunting for an excuse to pull out. When there was a bomb threat at the meal a cacked my pants, I was the only member of the Gulls Eye team not to use his real name. It was great to be a part of it and they helped start our great history of fighting back against the bastards that have tried to use our club for their own ends.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I've never heard of Shaun, but after the very first issue I was Gulls Eyes cartoonist. I'd already drawn Goldstone Gaz when issue 1 came out and sent it off. I met up with Ian and Pete in the Swiss Cottage and they loved it. However, they made me tone down the language. I too struggled to meet their deadlines, dropping the artwork off to H.D.Tribe in Shoreham. I had to give it up when I moved to Green Street to go to college. The truth behind the Lockerbie Lloyd pic is - me and my mate Paul (though no great fans of Terrorism and the loss of innocent lives, either then or now) came up with the idea after the bombing, pissed in the Duke of York at about 3 in the morning. We finished laughing in time for me to hand it over that very morning. I was quite happy with it until my mum shouted 'Sam what have you been up to now?' It was on BBC breakfast news and in every national paper. I bit rich that I'd upset the whole country as Gulls Eyes print run was little more than a thousand, thanks too the media everyone had heard the joke. I felt really bad for Ian and Pete when the club pulled out of the Christmas do, but they were great about it and just made up the 'we'd already printed it' story to cover my back and reckoned that the club were hunting for an excuse to pull out. When there was a bomb threat at the meal a cacked my pants, I was the only member of the Gulls Eye team not to use his real name. It was great to be a part of it and they helped start our great history of fighting back against the bastards that have tried to use our club for their own ends.

Apologies Sam, it's an age thing, please pm me your details for the proposed meet up in August.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyone remember the stanley throwinh the brick thru the window cartoon think it was an early issue.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be good to have a Facebook album or similar where all the covers could be loaded into and preserved for posterity. IMHO, like.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just listened to the Albion Roar. The Ian Hart segment was excellent, such a shame he isn't on the radio anymore. A waste.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here