Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guitar's

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
OH OH Guilt trip.I havent picked my strat up since my second son Harry was born 6 months ago , however , he has just started sleeping through so now would be a good time

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Franks Wild Years said:
Hmmm guitars. I've got a 335, its gorgeous.

I wouldn't part with any of those three - except maybe to change my Les Paul for a genuine Gibson one .......

I love the 335, but don't think I do it justice - I even bought hard jazz picks to try and emulate a jazz type sound from it, but think I am too set in my ways to change my playing style

I sold this Telecaster the other week - didn't like the sound, although it was a lovely instrument

tele11ro.jpg

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
used to have an early 1970s Fender Jaguar

bought it for £450, sold it a few years later when I was skint at Uni for £600 - probably worth well over £1,500 now

I loved that guitar :(

now all I have is a shitty Squire tele and cheap, but very good fun nylon strung electric-acoustic - sounds great filthed up through an amp :D

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Charlie_g said:
ONLW How long have you been playing. Are you self taught?

Started with Eko and Epiphone semi-electric basses back when I was 18 (so that's 31 years ago). Sold them both to help repay my student overdraft about 5 years later!

Then waited until I was 30 and bought a cheap acoustic and taught myself on the back of the roots of chords I had learned playing bass. Upgraded to a lovely Tanglewood acoustic a couple of years later and been hooked ever since. Tripped over to electric a few years back.

Went through a stupid phase of buying too many guitars a year or so ago - before I learned how Ebay worked! Just ask Lush and few other NSC regulars!

Now am really happy with a small stable of five (the three in the pic plus a Freshman cutaway acoustic and a Martin copy acoustic).

Aside from the Albion and my family, it is my one other passion in life ...

BTW my playing is crap!
:lolol:

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
I bought a Antoria Starmaker in 88 but it sat in the study for years then got back into it a couple of years ago. Bought a Mexican Fender Strat and it was coming along nicely until number 2 son arrived. This thread has inspired me to pick it up and give it some tonight. Do it Do it:)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'll get my old Ibanez out and try and strum/pick an a pretty county and weston version to go with OTLWs grunge version.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I had a gorgeous looking all Black Yamaha Super Strat (similar in some ways to the Ibanez types) but couldn;t get to grips with the locking nut and variable tuning so sold it ... regret it now cos it was a beaut and I should have persevered

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Charlie_g said:
I bought a Antoria Starmaker in 88 but it sat in the study for years then got back into it a couple of years ago. Bought a Mexican Fender Strat and it was coming along nicely until number 2 son arrived. This thread has inspired me to pick it up and give it some tonight. Do it Do it:)

There's a small music shop in town selling a second hand white mexican Fender Strat - he wants just over £300 for it (I think). I have been very tempted, but to spend that much Mrs OTLW would insist I sold two of my current ones. I almost bought a cream Epiphone/Gibson SG a couple of months ago, but once again the missus had the financial sense to stop me ... suggesting that with one pair of arms I could only play one guitar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here