Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guitar Solos

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite true but I'm sure I read somewhere that none other than Jimi Hendrix played on some of their hits.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
bhaexpress said:
If you want guitar solos (showing my age now) grab a Wishbone Ash album.

The first band I ever saw live.
Queen's Brighton Rock has to be a contender. Though most Hendrix would probably beat it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Withnail said:
The first band I ever saw live.
Queen's Brighton Rock has to be a contender. Though most Hendrix would probably beat it.

No doubt about that but the thing about Wishbone Ash is that they had two lead guitarists which at the time and even now, apart from Skynyrd, was virtually unheard of.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
I dont do guitar solos but if I did they would include Jimi Hendrix and the one out of brothers in arms. I dont know if its technically that good but it gives me goose bumps!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
stairway to heaven,comfortably numb are my two fav's off the top of my head

hendrix was just in a class of his own. probably go through all his songs later to find the best solo(i know, its a tough life)

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
For my sins I do a blues/rock radio show every week in sunny France.............amongst my favourites would have to be"Desdemona" by the Allmans (or anything by their guitarists, Warren Haynes/Derek Trucks..............or up and coming blues guitarists like Joe Bonamassa,John Mayer,Kenny Wayne Shepherd,Johnny Lang..........the list is endless...........:clap2:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Surely Van Halen's solo on Michael Jackson's Beat It has to be up there?

I may have mentioned that in the first post :p

I admit it's quite annoying that some of the stuff I'd like to play is impractical, but sadly it seems most students, especially considering those listening will probably be hung over (as will I at some stage of the week!) don't really want to listen to 7 or 8 minute long songs.

Thanks for the suggestions though, keep 'em coming!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here