Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GUINESS - Cold or Regular?

Cold or regular??

• Regular - I'm a normal kinda guy.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Cold - I'm SO normal that I drink it cold because I like to appear different.

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Cant' tell the difference - I'm a bona fide SPAZMOID

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
:drink: :drink: :drink:

I like regular Guiness because it's nicest but some people drink this cold stuff which they assure me tastes different but it blatantly doesn't because it's just cooled by the pipes innit?

Oh, and before the IRISH steam in, I know it tastes better over there...

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
do you know what i love guiness in fact i might drink that on satdi now thanks max for the inspiration

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
caz99 said:
do you know what i love guiness in fact i might drink that on satdi now thanks max for the inspiration

I might even join you.

Goooooooo GUINESS!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
depends what mood im in- if its a quick pint extra cold all the time but if i want to savour the flavour then it has to be regular- plus the extra cold girls in the pubs were always really fit when they were trying to promote it!!!
and yes i am a marketing mans dream...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I like regular, but when its hot I love extra cold, but the draft is the best way to drink it from the cans !!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I love Guiness

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
REDLAND said:
I like regular, but when its hot I love extra cold, but the draft is the best way to drink it from the cans !!

What the f*** does that mean?

Are the cans noce then? I've never tried it, always seemed a bit WEIRD to me.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What the f*** does that mean?

Are the cans noce then? I've never tried it, always seemed a bit WEIRD to me.

to be honest not too good- tastes tinny unsuprisingly. i guess in a good value for money way there alright seeing as landlords like to believe that it must be filtered using water from the Liffy through the maine of a unicorn/rocking horse cross breed. love the stuff but its always uniformly expensive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is exactly the same stuff dispensed through an additional cooler.

It isa myth about Irish Guinness again it is the same stuff brewed in exactly the same way with the same ingredients and even the water is treated to make it the same wherever it is being brewed.

The only difference is in the spou of the tap. In England the dispenser has 6 holes in Ireland only 5 so the same amount of beer is depensed througha smaller area hence it appears more creamy.

For a long time whilst St James's Brewery in Dublin was being modernised ALL of the draught Guinness for Ireland was brewed at Park Royal in London and shipped over to Ireland.

The company of Guinness no longer exists it is part of an American company called Diageo who also own Smirnoff, Bells etc. No doubt London Irish will dispute some or all of this but I can assure you that this is perfectly true, whether or not Guinness will confirm it I do not know as I once took a pub to task in Fernhurst in Surrey for advertising that they sell Irish Guinness as I think the Scooby Doo near Ford Station in West Sussex do but Guinness will not do anything about it they say it is not their problem it is up to the trading standards office to take action.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:

The only difference is in the spou of the tap. In England the dispenser has 6 holes in Ireland only 5 so the same amount of beer is depensed througha smaller area hence it appears more creamy.

Now that IS interesting!

Kudos.

Jul 20, 2003
If you look carefully you can see the word 'GIN' hidden in Guinness

I like gin

and I like guiness

my favourite 5 guinesses are:

1) Regular with a shot of Tia Maria in it
2) Bottled 'original' with a shot of Tia Maria in it
3) Regular without a shot of Tia Maria in it
4) Bottled original without Tia Maria
5) Warm 'draught' cans that gush all over the place

extra cold is not as good, although still very nice, particularly with a shot of Tian Maria in it

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Fact:

If you put a shot of Dooleys toffee liqueur in a pint of guiness it clots to the extent you could probably use it as wallpaper paste.

Fact 2:

It doesn't taste very nice like this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
pevenseagull said:
If you look carefully you can see the word 'GIN' hidden in Guinness

I like gin

and I like guiness

my favourite 5 guinesses are:

1) Regular with a shot of Tia Maria in it
2) Bottled 'original' with a shot of Tia Maria in it
3) Regular without a shot of Tia Maria in it
4) Bottled original without Tia Maria
5) Warm 'draught' cans that gush all over the place

extra cold is not as good, although still very nice, particularly with a shot of Tian Maria in it

Served from your SCCC Centenary Glass?

*smash*

I used to, at university, order a pint of guiness and a shot of tuaca or Kahlua depening on my mood and drink half the pint and then drop the shot in an down that mo fucker.

Marvelous scences.

I am so COOL sometimes.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Option C for me - I can never tell the difference. I don't know what a SPAZMOID is but I reckon I must be pretty close to being a perfect one.

Jul 20, 2003
I also enjoy Guiness with Champagne

because I am extravagent and somewhat louche

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here