Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess who just checked in at this hotel?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ann Margaret in the Spindletop Holiday Inn in Houston.

Same night - the members of the rock band Axe at Remingtons Houston.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Staying at Club Oasis Resort in Tenerife and on my way to dinner last night a new family were checking in at reception.
It was none other than Gerry Armstrong and his family.
I'll get a photo, but didn't want to bother him last night as he seemed to be enjoying the old Rum & Cokes !

Who have you bumped into on holiday ?

Hope he got a nicer "reception" than the one he got at Watford a couple of weeks ago -

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ann Margaret in the Spindletop Holiday Inn in Houston.

Same night - the members of the rock band Axe at Remingtons Houston.

I am afraid to say I have never heard of either of them??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the reception of a hotel outside Leamington Spa at about 2am where the place was otherwise largely deserted, I saw the night porter talking to this fairly small chap. When they finished talking, I had a pleasant conversation with the fairly small chap.

His name was Desmond Dekker. He was Ace.

Same flight as Tony Adams 2 days after Arsenal won the league at Anfield in 89.
a most unpleasant human being, he was very pissed though and ran over my mate with his luggage trolley in Faro airport.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ann Margaret played Roger Daltrey's mum in 'Tommy' iirc - very attractive woman.

Yup.

24coupland.jpg

She played Tommy's mother in the film, despite being only three years older than Roger Daltrey.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Quite a few years back we joined the Monarch check-in queue for Alicante at Gatwick right behind Chris Eubank and family. Once he was spotted by the check-in staff they dragged him with his wife and kids to a separate desk to check them in first. He looked a bit embarrassed about it. On the plane he just sat there quietly about 3 rows in front of where we were until a kiddie near the back asked a stewardess if she could get his autograph. Instead he got up and walked to the back of the plane where he chatted with the kid and others for quite a while, posing for pictures and signing autographs. Came across as a genuinely nice bloke in total contrast to his 'public' persona at the time.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Stayed in a hotel with Robin Cambell - UB40 brother - he was making a 'solo' album and thought he was a big star. I wonder if it ever got released ?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Back in the eighties, was staying at the Stakis Victoria whilst attending an insurance course. Wham were appearing at the time in Nottingham somewhere and were checked into same hotel. Never got to see them but met Pepsi and Shirley the backing singers. The hotel was beseiged by female fans and one or two of the guys on the course (it was rumoured) used their "I'm with the band" chat-up lines to charm the poor unfortunates into bed.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Burt Lancaster, Tom Conti, Jenny Seagrove & many more of the cast of Local Hero while filming in the highlands. Top man Burt, got the whole pub drinks while every male in the pub did their best to flirt with Jenny Seagrove.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Bumped into former Conservative leader Michael Howard in Washington DC.

Not on holiday but just last week in Cambridge I met Bill Nighy and Stephen Hawking just chilling in town (not together)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here