Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess who just checked in at this hotel?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Staying at Club Oasis Resort in Tenerife and on my way to dinner last night a new family were checking in at reception.
It was none other than Gerry Armstrong and his family.
I'll get a photo, but didn't want to bother him last night as he seemed to be enjoying the old Rum & Cokes !

Who have you bumped into on holiday ?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Despite having worked overseas for a few years, my brushes with fame were few and far between. One of my customers suggested that he was Al Murray (Pub Landlord)'s manager - but no way to really check that. Saw Paul Scholes in Sharm el-Sheikh airport at the same time as we were checking our customers in. Also personally helped to check in Simon Pegg & his family in Greece. One of the Chuckle Brothers (the tall one) lives on the island I worked on, so would often be seen out and about.

Roz and I once found ourselves staying in the same hotel in Newcastle as the legendary Emlyn Hughes. Top bloke. He was hosting a golf event and was happy to talk to anyone at the bar, whether they were paying for the privilege of his company or not.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Staying at Club Oasis Resort in Tenerife and on my way to dinner last night a new family were checking in at reception.
It was none other than Gerry Armstrong and his family.

If you're feeling brave, ask him about the Sussex Senior Cup game at Southwick.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I went out with a girl once who used to date one of Gerry Armstrong's sons...she described the son as the most awful human she had ever met!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
When Sussex played in Twenty20 Finals day at Edgbaston (the one we lost in semi), we were in the same hotel as the Inter Milan squad, they were loitering around reception

When I went to Cuba, I bumped into John Snow and Jennifer Ellison at the airport

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was once staying in the same hotel as the South African cricket team (Shaun Pollock era) in Ashford. I was asked for my AUTOGRAPH not once, but twice.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
brian clough....i walked over and sat with him and had a long chat too....i was 16 at the time....he was on the tequila :) ...and called me son too :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stayed in the same hotel as Gary Hart and his FIT missus in Lanzarote a few years ago. Might have been 2001, just after we'd won the league.

He wore his Albion shorts around the pool.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Amir Khan was staying at my hotel in sharm el sheikh 2 years ago, nice bloke and happy to sign stuff and do photos with other hotel guests.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ronaldo in a restaurant in LA
Lohan in a club in LA
Duncan bannantyne in a club in Cannes
Justin Lee Collins on the beach in Miami last week!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here