Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guess the ground - UK

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Probably a scottish/irish ground, the goldstone floodlights or rather drenchlights, are of scottish origin/design.

Simon Inglis football grounds book taught me that in the late 80s

Last edited:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Same here - I had that book as well. I'll give you a clue then, I was on a ship in the Firth of Forth when I saw those floodlights in the distance, and because they looked so much like the Goldstone floodlights, I had to research and find out what ground it was when I got home.

Same here - I had that book as well. I'll give you a clue then, I was on a ship in the Firth of Forth when I saw those floodlights in the distance, and because they looked so much like the Goldstone floodlights, I had to research and find out what ground it was when I got home.
Well, even knowing the Firth of Forth didn't make it that easy! However, it is too spartan at the sides to be a Hibs or Hearts ground, but too grand to be Burntisland Shipyard FC! Dunfermline is a little too far inland, so that left Kirkcaldy, and a bit of research shows it is Raith Rovers' Starks Park before redevelopment.

So, that makes it my turn; yes, there used to be an even worse view than the away end at Withdean!

palace50.jpg

Last edited:

Good morning EE. This strangely shaped concoction at Starks Park used to be the main stand!
starks.jpg

And I'm sure you'll love this sea view, which also shows the reason for the shape
article-0-000A903000000258-664_468x304.jpg

That road is so Goldstone Lanesque!
kirkcaldy_stark1.jpg

Note how the pitch had to be skewed in order to fit in the large stand at the far end.

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
start.php
Be impressed if anyone gets this without cheating, due to the quality of the picture

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here