Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guardian crossword clue yesterday

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
And
They seem impenetrable at first but learn the "rules" and they're doable. Start with the Guardian quiptic.

Also, while you're learning, it's helpful to work backwards ie. Reveal the answer the work out why it's the answer.
And if you do start, look out for puzzles set in the Guardian by Paul. He's an Albion fan and very occasionally includes Albion-related clues

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I always loved the Telegraph cryptic but had to stop because it was hard to ignore the right wing drivel in the main part of the paper! It was the one cryptic crossword though that I actually could make progress with!
I’m exactly the same in so much that The Guardian tends to offer first rate music and TV reviews.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My favourite ever genuine crossword clue

8 letters

A cucumber may smell a bit fishy if handled.
Either I've wasted 20 minutes, or been had. Either way, can't work it out! 🤷‍♂️

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This next clue could be crossword-solution-defining.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Bar of soap (6, 6)

(Saw this a few years ago, mentioned in an article about cryptic crosswords, which I enjoy doing)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They seem impenetrable at first but learn the "rules" and they're doable. Start with the Guardian quiptic.

Also, while you're learning, it's helpful to work backwards ie. Reveal the answer the work out why it's the answer.
Is this an example of cheats prospering?😂

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I remember an episode of Drop The Dead Donkey with a running joke of someone getting mad over this one

GEGS (9,4)
I remember it well. It was Henry Davenport trying to work it out and when he gave up and someone told him the answer he started twitching.

I’m not that fussed about them, I prefer mine over easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here