Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gruff Rhys V The Mighty Albion

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Herr Tub - did you have the very drunk, large welsh guy clutching at your leg. I was two rows back on the other side. Hysterical - but prob not for the guy whose leg he was jabbing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha herr tubthumper I was the row behind you in the burgundy button down! How f***ing good was that! Felt a total priveledge.

Oh wow. Were you the chap who took a photo when my wife left her seat? I was third from the end...had a big wolf thing on my t-shirt.

But yes, really great gig and really lucky to sit where I did. I thought the support/backing band were superb to. Gruff's bit about We are The World made me chuckle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tub - did you have the very drunk, large welsh guy clutching at your leg. I was two rows back on the other side. Hysterical - but prob not for the guy whose leg he was jabbing.

Ha ha, no that was my friend Chids. I was further along. The large welsh guy was a character.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent show, as expected. Every time I see thay guy my admiration grows, his voice moves me like no other. It's wicked to see such fun and sincerity in music, I can only hope he keeps going and going and going.

One small (and by small I mean tiny) complaint...why Skylon to finish every gig? Great tune to end with but I've seen that a few times now.

The Welsh dude was jokes, shame the fun police gave him a ticking off as he was harmless fun.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Oh wow. Were you the chap who took a photo when my wife left her seat? I was third from the end...had a big wolf thing on my t-shirt.

But yes, really great gig and really lucky to sit where I did. I thought the support/backing band were superb to. Gruff's bit about We are The World made me chuckle.

Indeed that was me. If only I had known I would have stroked your hair.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed that was me. If only I had known I would have stroked your hair.

Small world. Now I know what you look like I'll say hello should our paths meet again, and I'll let you ruffle my locks.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Cracking night, enjoyed every minute, liked the Conservation Conversation 'chat show'. Loved the support Y Niwl as well (Welsh for The Mist) - a mixture of the tornadoes and the shadows, also provided top back up for Gruff on the evening. This is their new single Fourteen: see what you think:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cracking night, enjoyed every minute, liked the Conservation Conversation 'chat show'. Loved the support Y Niwl as well (Welsh for The Mist) - a mixture of the tornadoes and the shadows, also provided top back up for Gruff on the evening. This is their new single Fourteen: see what you think:

Indeed. My favourite track of the night was Lonesome Words.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent show, as expected. Every time I see thay guy my admiration grows, his voice moves me like no other. It's wicked to see such fun and sincerity in music, I can only hope he keeps going and going and going.

One small (and by small I mean tiny) complaint...why Skylon to finish every gig? Great tune to end with but I've seen that a few times now.

The Welsh dude was jokes, shame the fun police gave him a ticking off as he was harmless fun.

Fun and sincerity, good choice of words.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, did anyone spot the girl who rested her camera on the speaker to take a photo when Gruff was alone on the keyboard?

I had a feeling she was going to put it on timer, run behind Gruff and have her picture taken 'with' him whilst giving a double thumbs up salute. Shame she didn't.

Last edited:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Already on youtube

Looking at thee guys youtube account i think he was the chap by himself to the right of me

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bought seperado at the gig and watched it yesterday. quite funny and interesting. If not slightly unhinged

I got it for Xmas. Yes, it is a bit unhinged. The Tony De Gorra stuff is funny. And that red helmet seems most useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here