Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I've got stacks of SFA albums but don't know much of Gruff Rhys' solo stuff. Any tips from you lot as to where to start?

"Candylion"(?) is the only album that i'd noticed in the music press (was in Uncut's top albums of the year when it came out, 2007?) so i was thinking of starting with that one?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A good a place as any I would say, there is some wicked stuff on there (though I've loved almost everything he's done since I first heard Fuzzy Logic all those years ago).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A good a place as any I would say, there is some wicked stuff on there (though I've loved almost everything he's done since I first heard Fuzzy Logic all those years ago).

I'm only aware of Candylion and the forthcoming Hotel Shampoo. There is of course The Terror of Cosmic Loneliness which is a collaboration...but it's an aquired taste. I'm still trying to aquire it.

I presume he will throw in a few SFA tracks on his solo tour? Maybe a bit of Neon Neon?

But yes, same here. I have loved them ever since I first heard the single God, Show me Magic. I saw them at ULU touring that first album and I've seen them on most tours since.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[yt]3jw7u4f-Ujg[/yt]

Just incase anyone has forgotten how brilliant Super Furry Animals are....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[yt]T8Q8zvUwT0g[/yt]

I love this track. Shame this video is not the full 14 minutes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
weird. My Mrs is going out tongiht and I was planning to hunker down with a six pack of red stripe and Seperado! myself.

meanwhile if the great one plays this at St george's church it may need re-consecration afterwards...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm liking his new long player. Sensations in the Dark is a great track. As is Vitamin K.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here