Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Group Winners! - Sven IN !!!!

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Well done Sven, congratulations on leading us to the World Cup finals as Group Winners. Again. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And a big BOOOO to the England fans, as embarrassing as ever. For showing disrespect for the opposition anthem, boo-ing one of your own players, singing xenophobic songs, and being outsung by the very impressive Polish support. :angry:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Willow said:
Well done Sven, congratulations on leading us to the World Cup finals as Group Winners. Again. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And a big BOOOO to the England fans, as embarrassing as ever. For showing disrespect for the opposition anthem, boo-ing one of your own players, singing xenophobic songs, and being outsung by the very impressive Polish support. :angry:

:clap2: :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
That is all pretty normal for Old Trafford.........:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Like him or loathe him, we have won the group.
Maybe the forced changes will show him that there is a better way..... or then again maybe not.
He did achieve what he set out to do.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Willow said:

Twat! Part of the reason that we won was he was forced into changes. Including not playing Beckham! :nono:

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
The reason we were outsung is very simple. The whole ground is now filled with corporate twats, or the FA's idea of 'fans' which is middle class muppets wearing face paint and jesters hats who couldn't possibly sing as Nigel would have to turn his iPod orrff

I personally can't wait until football becomes unfashionable again.......:angry:

I went out to Lisbon for the France game in 2004 and I've never seen so many tossers congregated in one place.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Jonathon Livingstone said:
We have won the group in spite of having Sven as manager:glare:

What he said ???

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Re: Re: Group Winners! - Sven IN !!!!

3gulls said:
Twat! Part of the reason that we won was he was forced into changes. Including not playing Beckham! :nono:

Nice sensible post. :shootself Not sure why I am arguing with you, but if you followed the game at all closely you would know that the England captain has been the star performer at Real Madrid this season. And you want him replaced with a Chelsea reserve player. :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Group Winners! - Sven IN !!!!

Willow said:
Nice sensible post. :shootself Not sure why I am arguing with you, but if you followed the game at all closely you would know that the England captain has been the star performer at Real Madrid this season. And you want him replaced with a Chelsea reserve player. :lolol:

I don't care who replaces him. Chelsea squad play or otherwise. As a fact, the team performance without Beckham was greatly improved.:shootself

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Everybody seems to have conveniently forgotten where the England team was when Sven took over in 2001. From a team that wasn't even going to Japan, to group winners that year.

And by the way, haven't we won both qualifying groups since, for Euro 2004 and now Germany 2006?

A sense of perspective has been lost here, and don't sprout any sh*te about England should piss the group. They did, Poland dropped six points in the this qualifying group, I wonder who they were against?

And yes we made hard work of it at times, doesn't every team at some point make hard work of winning a league?

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Seagull73 said:
Everybody seems to have conveniently forgotten where the England team was when Sven took over in 2001. From a team that wasn't even going to Japan, to group winners that year.

And by the way, haven't we won both qualifying groups since, for Euro 2004 and now Germany 2006?

A sense of perspective has been lost here, and don't sprout any sh*te about England should piss the group. They did, Poland dropped six points in the this qualifying group, I wonder who they were against?

And yes we made hard work of it at times, doesn't every team at some point make hard work of winning a league?

Agreed

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dick Knights Mum said:
Yep - an easy group - and it was all plain sailing for the men in white. The rest of the world must be quaking in their boots.

Spains group was easier and they seemed not to have made it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here