Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Group Ticket Ballot.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Not sure it needs a maths whizz kid; think it might work that representative amounts from each size grouping are allocated. So let's say we have 30,000 STHs of which 15,000 are individuals, 6,000 are in 3,000 doubles, and 9,000 are in 2,250 foursomes. The allocation is then 2,000 individuals, 400 doubles, and 300 foursomes.
That would make sense.

Last edited:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
What would happen if you are in a group of 4 and were successful in the ballot and then 1 person is unable to make the game. Will you be able to put a single ticket from a group on the exchange and just select a group of 3 seats, or would you still have to select 4 seats and have a stranger sit in your group

Also if successful and you select your seats and confirm and then 1 person can’t make it, will you still be able to put that ticket on the ticket exchange or will they be non-refundable once you have selected your seats

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Pretty sure I registered my ballot group a while back. Assume this still stands and I dont need to do another submission?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What would happen if you are in a group of 4 and were successful in the ballot and then 1 person is unable to make the game. Will you be able to put a single ticket from a group on the exchange and just select a group of 3 seats, or would you still have to select 4 seats and have a stranger sit in your group

Also if successful and you select your seats and confirm and then 1 person can’t make it, will you still be able to put that ticket on the ticket exchange or will they be non-refundable once you have selected your seats

If the group wins in the ballot then every member of the group will be allocated tickets but not specific seats. Any of them can put their ticket on the exchange but for anyone that doesn’t you will have to go to the ticket website and choose seats ie you can still sit as a group if you choose. If someone subsequently can’t make it then put the ticket on the exchange just as usual.
The one exception to all of this is if you exercise one of your 6 opt outs then you won’t go in the ballot at all.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If the group wins in the ballot then every member of the group will be allocated tickets but not specific seats. Any of them can put their ticket on the exchange but for anyone that doesn’t you will have to go to the ticket website and choose seats ie you can still sit as a group if you choose. If someone subsequently can’t make it then put the ticket on the exchange just as usual.
The one exception to all of this is if you exercise one of your 6 opt outs then you won’t go in the ballot at all.

Can you opt out more than six times ? whilst covid about I don`t want to go . Hopefully with vaccination in full swing I`ll be going back but this prob won`t be till March/April !!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
After Saturday has gone, the next 6 homes (Stains, Blades, Gooners, Wolves, Fulham & Spuds) mean that your first risk is a (possible if moved) Villa on Valentine's Day. Palace the week after.

Vaccines might well be in full swing by then, that's my route.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I could be wrong, but i was under the impression that if one member of the group is selected then the entire group is selected. In theory the first 1000 names drawn could all be members of a group of 4, then all 4000 tickets done. As for seats i thought that when you learnt you'd been successful then you logged on and selected your seat(s).

We've been gently told by PB that it's likely to be only 2000 fans attending, not 4000.

From Paul Barber on Tuesday:
"While we await the exact details, the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has confirmed that initially clubs located in tier 1 will be able to admit up to 4000 fans, in tier 2 up to 2000 fans, while those in the strictest tier 3 will be unable to allow fans in.

We don’t yet know the exact criteria as to how tier thresholds will be evaluated, but the Premier League has been advised it appears unlikely that any of England’s major urban areas will have infection rates low enough to qualify immediately for tier 1 status."

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
So if everyone gets an equal chance to attend then a group of six should be taken out of the draw 5 out of 6 times but the one time in six they are in the draw they have a six times chance to be drawn (one chance for each person). And so a group of two should be included in every other draw and so on?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hopefully the ballot will be in operation for Southampton, just a thought, is everyone who applied put into each ballot?
Or if you get tickets for one game do you sit the next ballot out to give other fans a chance?
It is all clearly down to the luck of the draw but could we get into a situation where Fan A goes on a winning run whilst Fan B wins f*** all?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can you opt out more than six times ? whilst covid about I don`t want to go . Hopefully with vaccination in full swing I`ll be going back but this prob won`t be till March/April !!

After Saturday has gone, the next 6 homes (Stains, Blades, Gooners, Wolves, Fulham & Spuds) mean that your first risk is a (possible if moved) Villa on Valentine's Day. Palace the week after.

Vaccines might well be in full swing by then, that's my route.

To opt out of 6 games, has to be 2 x A, 2 x B and 2 x C.......not sure if that list works our that way......

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hopefully the ballot will be in operation for Southampton, just a thought, is everyone who applied put into each ballot?
Or if you get tickets for one game do you sit the next ballot out to give other fans a chance?
It is all clearly down to the luck of the draw but could we get into a situation where Fan A goes on a winning run whilst Fan B wins f*** all?
I wrote to PB about this very point saying that I thought it unfair - my suggestion was that once people had attended their first match they should then have to sit out the next few matches until their turn came round again which would have given people a chance to attend a few matches rather than have the possibility of seeing all or no matches but, according to PB (and he claimed their mathematical experts) this was unfair. As I understand it everybody goes into every draw.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
To opt out of 6 games, has to be 2 x A, 2 x B and 2 x C.......not sure if that list works our that way......

Aaaah, that won't apply then.

Like I said earlier, demand will certainly outstrip supply so it would make sense that those uncomfortable pre-vaccine can just opt-out.

Those wanting to go would have a greater chance; everyone's a winner, chicken dinner.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just spoke to Supporter Services to sort a ballot grouping issue (needed to add someone in after the fact).

She was incredibly helpful and confirmed that - should we be in Tier 2 or 1 - they are doing everything to make sure all systems go for the Southampton game, even with the tight turnaround.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

No, but in my opinion the club needs to make this happen. 6 is an arbitrary number that could just as easily be 12 or whatever. It seems likely that you could sell your ticket on the exchange if unlucky enough to win the ballot but it is an unnecessary bit of bureaucracy.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thanks for that - I wasn't aware - hope it's not 5.30 kick off!
Can they really justify a 5:30pm kickoff on a weekday when fans can be let in the stadium ?

With no fans it didn't matter so much, but now it potentially seems a little more problematic.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No, but in my opinion the club needs to make this happen. 6 is an arbitrary number that could just as easily be 12 or whatever. It seems likely that you could sell your ticket on the exchange if unlucky enough to win the ballot but it is an unnecessary bit of bureaucracy.

Indeed.

What ever tier B&H in. Supporters come from near and far. How can that be policed ??

For example
My children, two have season tickets with home address.
One is at a uni where covid is rife and one works lives at the moment near Slough.

We don`t want to be in Ballot!! won`t go whatever. Others from risky areas may well be less sensible !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here